Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Overseas Research Intern
Req Number: I4892
: Maiduguri, Borno
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements
- Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to Tom Brown Programming processes
- Designs MEAL tools for quality data collection on a timely basis
- Communicates findings and results with colleagues and stakeholders
- Contributes to reflective community-based conversations on ongoing interventions
- Shares insights and perspectives based on observations and interactions with community members, colleagues and stakeholders
- Supervises quality data collection and management activities
- Leads simple analyses and reflective discussions on ongoing monitoring data
- Conduct a qualitative and quantitative desk review of existing data for CRS Food Security and integrated nutrition programming
- Draft, edit and release MAM related documentation for broader consumption by the nutrition community
- Compile and present final reports with the federal ministry of health, UNICEF/Nutrition Sector coordination and FAO in Abuja on strategies of SFP for MAM interventions and the rates in NE Nigeria
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required in Nutrition or Health related sector.
- Previous experience in qualitative or quantitative research
- Experience working in data collection with local or international NGO a plus.
- Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to self motivate.
Required/Desired Foreign Language:
- Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable) : limited field travel
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: none
- Internal: Nutrition Program Team Members
- External: Nutrition Working Groups and Sector Actors
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
Application Closing Date
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.