De Santiago Milan Hotel and Suites is a top-class Luxury hotel with elegant and glamour. Starting from the lobby of the hotel to the elegantly finished rooms, the interior provide a comfortable and unmatched experience. Our hotel is primed for corporate, business and leisure travelers, offering superior services and excellent facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Night Manager
Core purpose of the Job
Key Performance Areas
- To represent the Management during the night. The Night Manager also assists the Front Office Manager in all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, staffing and payroll in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
- The Night Manager provides leadership and support to all members of the Front Office and enforces the Hotels Standards of Excellence in all areas supervised.
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Front Office department making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed.
- Direct and oversee all hotel operations during the night shift to ensure guest satisfaction and safety.
- Conduct Briefing for all staff during Night Shift.
- Inform all Overnight staff of nightly activities, group and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests.
- Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate.
- Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel in the absence of the Front Office Manager dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- Manage the night shift in the department ensuring all employees perform the tasks assigned to them and coordinate Front Office activities with other departments.
- Required to welcome our guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner, ensure that the public areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Occasionally Assist guests with their luggage, be a point of contact for our guests, valet park guests cars and other responsibilities to ensure all requirements are met during our guests stay.
- Must actively participate in the decision making process on guest relocation for nights when over capacity, execute accordingly and ensure a smooth relocation process. This effort must be coordinated with the Front Office Manager and/or Manager on Duty prior to shift start.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, assigning nightly work, conducting training, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and also reward.
- Ensure the accurate completion of the daily night audit in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to perform the full night audit if needed.
- Oversee preparation of daily summary reports.
- Assist the Front Office Manager in implementing and enforcing financial controls throughout the department, helping with control of operating expenses, scheduling and purchasing.
- Should Show Initiative, Problem Solving, Staff Training, Team Leading.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Department to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication.
- Be aware and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures.
- Remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures and training.
- Report any suspicious persons, activities and/or hazardous conditions to the Security department and/or the Front Office Manager.
Personnel & Quality Standards
- Effective Management skills.
- Oral and written communications.
- Report generation.
- Data analysis.
- Batch processing, Billing, Mathematical aptitude.
- Organized, Resourceful, Self-starter, Multi-tasker.
- Microsoft Office and Accounting Software.
- Attitude: Must be Friendly, honest, transparent and diligent in all dealings.
Job Specification (Experience & Training)
- First Degree in Hotel Management, Accounting or its equivalent
Academic and Professional:
Key performance Objectives and Indicators
- First Degree in Hotel Management, Accounting and Relevant certifications will be an added advantage. Minimum of 2 - 4 Years’ Previous Front Office experience in supervisory/management capacity in a Mid-scale or Luxury property is required.
- Previous customer service and general computer experience required. Property Management Software experience required.
- Effective and timely delivery on all assignments and work schedule.
- Customer Friendly.
- Attendance and Punctuality.
- Team play.
- Adherence to instructions.
- Relevance towards the overall success of the Organization.
- Effective administration and cost effective resource management
Work Guide and References:
Application Closing Date
- Company Handbook
- Divisional processes and Procedures
15th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as subject of the email.