De Santiago Milan Hotel and Suites is a top-class Luxury hotel with elegant and glamour. Starting from the lobby of the hotel to the elegantly finished rooms, the interior provide a comfortable and unmatched experience. Our hotel is primed for corporate, business and leisure travelers, offering superior services and excellent facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Night Auditor
Core purpose of the Job
Key Performance Areas
- To ensure the accuracy of accounting records and completing a number of administrative functions at the front office for accuracy on a daily basis, to reflect the hotel’s financial performance for the day.
- Process guest charges of different types – ATM cards, Credit Cards, POS and Bank transfers.
- Postroom and taxes charges to the guest accounts that have not been posted or were incurred on the night audit shift.
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Check to see that all charges are assigned to the appropriate departments.
- To verify that all transactions performed at the front desk are supported by documentary evidence and signatures as necessary and that they have been correctly posted and allocated into their respective guest accounts.
- To verify that all charges posted from POS software have reached the correct guest folios and also not missing.
- Prints up and files reservations for the next business day, verifies all account posting and balances.
- Monitors the current status of discounts and other related rebates.
- Accurately posting room fees, related taxes and other paid services, including restaurant, Internet and resort fees, to each guest's account daily.
- Verify all account entries and balances, consolidate credit-card charges and submit for payment.
- Audit and balance reports from the day shifts.
- Respond to guest inquiries, concerns and complaints as needed.
- Track room revenues, occupancy percentages and other front office statistics and ensure that there are no shady deals among the GSA, porters and housekeepers.
- Prepare guest bills for next-day checkouts and process reservation cards.
- Balance cash drawers and record receipts.
- Perform night audit of hotel and outlet for revenue as per existing procedures.
- Perform daily audit of housekeeping report and study occupancy reports to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor audit journals and reports from front office computer system and point of service.
- Perform adjustments and corrections and rectify all computer problems that occur during night shifts.
- Operate front office operating system to generate revenue or allowances and or expenses reports in the form of the Guest Ledger Summary and the Daily Restaurant Summary.
Food and Beverage Night Audit:
- Confirm individual guest accounts that will accept posting of food and beverage charges to their respective rooms and accounts.
- Organize corporate guests’ accounts and process for the accountant.
- Post all food and beverages charges to the guest respective accounts as may be required and confirmed at the front office.
- Monitor all food and beverages consumptions, charges and payments by the customers and guests respectively.
- Check that all food and beverages consumptions, charges and payments by the customers and guests respectively.
- Check that all food and beverage orders placed or punched in IQUS SOFTWARE are correct and the bill raised, paid either in cash, POS or bank transfer mode of payments.
- Keep record of food, snacks and beverages sold for the day under auditing.
- Confirm uncooked food portions stocks in the kitchen store and balances not sold and carried forward for the next day’s business.
- Confirm charges, sales and payments respectively.
- Confirm complimentary sales, damages, spoilages and guest food transfers to staff meal.
- Follow up with buffet breakfast preparations, sales and services.
- Take stock of beverages / drinks sold, not sold and carried forward.
- Confirm payments accordingly.
- Report shortages to the hotel accountant in the morning before closing work for responsive attention by the General Manager.
- Take stock of the grill bar fish (cat fish, croaker fish and related product lines), confirm stocks sold respectively and stocks not sold and carried forward for the next day’s business.
- Supervise food and beverage services at the pool bar, grill bar, in – bar and room service.
- Carry out other over sight functions as may arise in the course of night operations.
Personnel & Quality Standards
- Effective Management skills.
- Oral and written communications.
- Report generation.
- Data analysis.
- Batch processing, Billing, Mathematical aptitude.
- Organized, Resourceful, Self-starter, Multi-tasker.
- Microsoft Office and Accounting Software.
- Attitude: Must be Friendly, honest, transparent and diligent in all dealings.
- Qualification (s): First Degree in Hotel Management, Accounting or its equivalent
Job Specification (Experience & Training):
Key performance Objectives and Indicators
- Academic and Professional: First Degree in Hotel Management, Accounting and Relevant certifications will be an added advantage. Minimum of 4 Years’ Experience, must have 2-3 years in a similar role.
- Effective and timely delivery on all assignments and work schedule.
- Customer Friendly.
- Attendance and Punctuality.
- Team play.
- Adherence to instructions.
- Relevance towards the overall success of the Organization.
- Effective administration and cost effective resource management
Work Guide and References:
Application Closing Date
- Company Handbook
- Divisional processes and Procedures
15th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as subject of the email.