The Central Bank of Nigeria Collaborative Post Graduate Programme (CBN-CPP) - In an effort to improve the quality of postgraduate education in Nigeria and, in particular, increase the stock of well-trained graduates for the financial sub-sector of the Nigerian economy, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) built Centres of Excellence (CoE) in selected Nigerian Universities, namely: Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria; University of Ibadan, Ibadan; and University of Nigeria, Nsukka. The Centres will host the CBN Collaborative Postgraduate Programme (CBN-CPP) in partnership with the host universities. The aim is to provide world class postgraduate studies in Economics, Accounting, Banking and Finance, and Business Administration comparable to what obtains in the best business schools across the globe.
Accordingly, the Board of Trustees (BOT of the CBN-CPP) invites applications from qualified candidates for the position below in each of the host universities:
Job Title: Director, Centre of Excellence
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Director of the CoE will play a critical role in designing, implementing, and leading faculty development programmes in support of the CoE.
- The Director of the CoE would provide leadership and vision for the continuous improvement of teaching and learning at the CoE. The individual is directly responsible for developing strategies, services, and support for faculty and staff for effective teaching and students’ success.
- The Director is expected to facilitate collaborative initiatives with academic and support units in the host universities and sister CoEs that foster best practices in teaching and learning.
In particular, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Design, conduct, and evaluate faculty development programs including, workshops and seminars that will create cross-campus partnerships and foster faculty communities around topics of common interest;
- Facilitate new initiatives and encourage collaborations among the various curricular and co-curricular programs that support effective teaching and learning through a variety of instructional modalities/ modules;
- Promote a culture that values and recognizes the importance of teaching excellence, collaboration and student-centered learning;
- Collaborate with the relevant units within the host universities and sister CoEs to provide curricular and classroom development in alignment with CBN-CPP mission and strategic plan.
- Support faculty with implementing and assessing instructional methods and technologies that complement teaching needs and individual learning styles;
- Facilitate and support collaborations in the scholarship of teaching and learning; stay abreast of literature on teaching and learning, as well as networking with national and international groups, organisations and individuals;
- Provide leadership and planning for all instructional and curricular development activities designed to support effective teaching and learning; and
- Promote multicultural teaching and the infusion of diversity into the curriculum/classroom.
- An earned doctorate degree in relevant academic discipline.
- An excellent record of teaching experience at the university level;
- Successful administrative and professional development experience with faculty, preferably in a teaching/learning center;
- Proven record of published scholarship in high impact journals and Scopus indexed;
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible and successful academic leadership experience in a higher education institution; and
- Proven commitment to academic excellence and innovation.
- Excellent communication and motivational skills;
- Knowledge of outcomes-based curricular design, program development, assessment of learning outcomes, student- centered learning and learning theories, and technology-enhanced teaching and learning;
- Demonstrated ability to provide collaborative leadership and management skills, and to work collaboratively with other administrative and academic units, as well as sister Centres of Excellence;
- Demonstrated ability to attract research grants to the CoE.
Conditions of Service
- Knowledge of course management systems and effective online teaching methodologies;
- Knowledge and use of innovative teaching approaches (e.g., collaborative learning, civic learning and engagement, problem-based learning);
- Knowledge of use, implementation, and best practices for instructional technologies; and
- Demonstrated appreciation and advocacy for diversity.
The position is full time, and for a fix term of three (3) years renewable only once. Remuneration is very attractive and competitive, but negotiable based on experience.
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Candidates should apply online through the link above with the following supporting documents:
- Letter of application addressing qualifications and interest for this position;
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- A 500-word vision statement for the Centre of Excellence;
- A 500-word statement on your philosophy of faculty professional development related to teaching and research;
- Evidence of engaged quality teaching (e.g., summary of the last five years of student teaching evaluations (if any), teaching portfolio, teaching philosophy statement, peer comments from observations of your teaching, etc.);
- Evidence of administrative experience in similar Centres.
: Applications received on or before the closing date above will be given full consideration.