Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. We focus on enabling performance improvements around our clients’ people, product and project concerns. We work with different organizations to conceptualize, build and deploy bespoke solutions aimed at improving overall performance and align workforce to long-term corporate objectives ensuring sustained growth and profitability in the process.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Chef
Job type: Full time
Industry: Hotels and Lodging
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create and maintain cooking and cleaning regimes (daily, weekly, periodically etc) in line with the Organizations quality philosophy.
- To ensure all aspects of the meal preparation areas within the Organization operates to acceptable standard and prepare Menu in advance in a regular and varied way.
- To ensure that inventory of kitchen equipment is updated and managed.
- To prepare and present food to a high standard and quality.
- To ensure that adequate stock controls are in place and requisitions are made to time.
- To ensure that the meal preparation area comply with all regulatory requirements.
- To ensure that proper quality control systems are adopted for all aspects of the meal preparation management.
- To ensure that food handling, cleanliness, health, safety, risk assessments and that all procedures required within the meal preparation area operates to the highest possible standards.
- To ensure that the meal preparation area operate to current and any future legal or regulatory requirement by the Food and Safety and Health body.
- Implement a New Menu with creativity and train staff on cooking methods and preparation techniques.
- Assist in improving Tex-Mex Buffet and Sunday Brunch.
- Liaise with Food and Beverage Supervisor to make sure food is delivered to Customer on time and in good quality.
- Complete the necessary weekly Health and Safety, Hygiene, Food Samples and Fire Checks.
- To ensure that any special dietary meals are prepared and making sure there are low calories meal.
- Report any maintenance issues using a work order to the Maintenance department on time.
- Ensure the security of the Organizations area and its environment is maintained at all times.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
- Adhere to all Organizations policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Promote & ensure a good reputation of the Organization & make reports to the General Manager.
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of a University Degree, MIB
- 3-5 years experience in similar position
- Able to plan your time, manage people and work well under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- Promote safe working practice in the organization.
- Attend mandatory training days / courses on or offsite, as and when required.
- Punctuality and prepared to work weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Active, friendly, efficient and speedy.
- Able to work well in a team and enjoy working with people.
- Ability to stay calm in difficult situations.
- Speed of response to prepare orders.
- Knowledge of processes and procedures for good quality.
- Compliance to all Regulatory Requirements of the Food and Safety and Health Standards.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online