Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. We focus on enabling performance improvements around our clients’ people, product and project concerns. We work with different organizations to conceptualize, build and deploy bespoke solutions aimed at improving overall performance and align workforce to long-term corporate objectives ensuring sustained growth and profitability in the process.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Consultant
Job type: Full time
Industry: Hotels and Lodging
Role & Responsibilities
- The Consultant will work as Facilities Maintenance In-house consultant under the supervision of the Client.
The roles include but not limited to the following:
- General Supervision and training of maintenance technicians.
- Inspects building, other structures, fixtures, fittings, machines and equipment to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair, making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet. Report them and create work assignments for the staff.
- Administrative duties include creating periodic reports, such as work schedules, budget planning, maintain inventory of supplies, tools and equipment.
- Performs electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Order parts and maintain required documents.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Effectively deploy and organize the maintenance department and its technicians in actualizing the above duties.
- The Consultant will be expected to schedule his on-site work period with the Client to ensure his assignment is carried out effectively. The minimum on site time expected of the consultant is 4/5 days a week, from 8am to 4pm daily. It is expected to sometimes work overtime.
- The Consultant will be expected to be on site whenever critical facility/Equipment/maintenance decisions are being decided and implemented to make sure the Clients interest is adequately protected.
- The consultant can also be called to site on emergencies.
- Previous experience in Maintenance is required.
Application Closing Date
- Remuneration will be agreed based on competencies of the applicant.
- The management will assess performance quarterly based on financial, preventive maintenance, deadlines and future projects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online