PrisDav Consulting - Our client, a leading FMCG (Food & Beverages) company located in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, Nigeria is seeking to recruit a suitable fit for the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer (CSO)
Reports To: Head Human Resources & Admin. Manager
- The CSO is responsible for protecting and safeguarding the organisation employee’s, facilities and company assets. Also ensure that all company properties are adequately secured at all times.
- As a Chief Security Officer you are responsible to protect and safeguard the organisation employee’s, facilities and company assets.
- Also ensure that all company properties are adequately secured at all times.
- Responsible for preparing daily incident reports, requisitions and other inter office memos and ensure that all allegations of the crime and other incidents are investigated and properly recorded.
Required Education and Experience
- Direct and coordinate the activities of all security personnel.
- Ensure that all security staff provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Ensure the safety and security of staff, visitors, customers and contractors at all times.
- Responsible to manage all safety & security, Fire Life Safety and food hygiene risks faced by the organisation.
- Liaise with all department heads to ensure that employees are adhering to established security procedures.
- Record and notify all risks, deviations from organisation safety standards and any untoward incidents.
- Oversees first aid and safety programs for customers, visitors and employees.
- Assign duties and schedule staff for balancing needs of the organisation and productivity standards.
- Monitor staff activity and coach subordinate performance.
- Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting or loitering around the company premises.
- Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well-being of visitors, customers and employees.
- Ensure compliance with all security standards and preventative measures.
- Monitor and follows proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
- Conduct investigations and compile reports on a timely manner for any theft, loss, accidents or any aspect that risk the safety of the organisation.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Develops and maintains a monthly checklist for all CCTV equipment, alarmed doors, and panic / duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
- Conduct regular mock fire evacuation drill as per the company’s emergencies standards.
- Develop and advise key personnel of emergency procedures.
- Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
- Establish crisis management and contingency planning.
- Conduct regular walk through rounds for observing the entire company.
- Supervision of all Security Personnel and giving clear direction on all security related aspects.
- Coordinate with external police authorities in the investigation and handling of crimes and accidents involving customers, visitors and employees.
- Perform all tasks consistently in line with the company standards and adhere to all legal and statutory requirements.
- Interview, select, review and train new security officers according to company’s standards.
- Be available 24 hours a day for genuine emergencies within the property.
- B.Sc/HND in Psychology, Criminal Justice or related courses
- Proficiency in Computers, CCTV, Fire and Safety systems.
- At least 5 years of experience in corporate security / law enforcement /military preferably worked in a FMCG environment.
Application Closing Date
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated skills in verbal communication and listening.
- Demonstrated skills in providing excellent service to customers.
- Excellent writing skills.
- A high level of integrity and trust
16th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Please do not apply if you do not qualify as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.