Brookstone Property is a full service real estate development company. We specialize in the entire lifecycle of a real estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Accounts / Finance Trainee Programme
Duties and Responsibilities
- We are currently seeking for a talented candidate to work with our Accounts /Finance Team. We are offering the successful candidate a twelve (12) month training program at our office in Nigeria.
- The candidate will work closely with the Accounts/ Finance Team and other external stakeholders such as agents, attorneys, property owners, Auditors, Regulators and equity partners. The expectation is for the candidate to play a crucial role in the day to day management of Brookstone’s Accounts / Financing activities.
- This is an excellent opportunity to put the candidate on the track to being an Accounts/ Finance professional and to work on a wide range of projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- As an employee of Brookstone Property, you will actively contribute to managing finances investment portfolio within our real estate development and investment activities. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lies with our people. We support our employee’s personal and professional growth and promote a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance.
- Ensuring accounts are up to date and billings are correct
- Following up to update/resolve outstanding issues
- Reviewing financial data, analyzing, and making recommendations on where to minimize costs and maximize revenues
- Monitors budget performance and prepares variance analysis
- Tracking and updating spreadsheets with regular information on a weekly basis and as frequently as needed/required
- Book Keeping: Tracking monthly income, revenue and expenses and reconciling bank statements
- Analyzing financial data to make business sense of company’s standing
- Progress reporting and attending meetings as scheduled
- Financial control: ensuring that promptness in receipts of payments due from clients, and maximizing revenues and frugally managing costs.
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations in order to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement are needed.
- Draw up long term and short-term Investment/financial plans for the business
- Responsible for preparation of monthly financial outlook forecast, project analysis, appraisal of investment and new business opportunities, structuring of project finance transactions and development of business plans and models.
- Analyze and make recommendations regarding investment that will help in achieving the company's objectives
- Acts to ensure the accuracy of inventory balances by reconciling the book balance of stock/cash to physical balances
- Preparation of Management Accounts.
- Rendition of Monthly and annual returns to relevant tax authority and other regulatory bodies
- BSc Accounting from a recognized university
- 1st Class or 2nd Class Upper
- Masters degree will be an added advantage
- At least 0 - 2 years of work experience in the finance/ audit firm or real estate industry
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and/or other accounting software
Application Closing Date
- Motivated individual with an interest in investments, real estate, entrepreneurial and self-driven
- Problem solver, analytical and good communicator
- Open minded to learn, take up new challenges and adapt quickly
- Sociable and hospitable.
16th August, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected]
using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.