Kimberly Ryan Limited - Our client, a leading company in the Information & Technology space is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
- The Database Administrator’s role is to design, test and implement databases, applying knowledge of database management systems and ensuring database performance, protection and security.
- Producing and designing a detailed data model of a database, including all necessary logical and physical design elements. Managing and fine tune existing database systems for performance gain and conformity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Design database structure (logical data model) to meet user requirements.
- Assess feasibility and costs of the database, e.g. by performing an ICT project study.
- Program databases in computer languages such as Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Develop user interfaces, e.g. by programming Internet applications.
- Maintain and adapt existing databases according to new user requirements and following developments in programming techniques.
- Working with database management systems (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySql, PostgreSql, MariaDB) to model, store, organise and manage data.
- Troubleshooting database systems for Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySql, PostgreSql, and MariaDB
- Keeping databases up to date
- Standard compliance database design and development
- . Managing database access
- Designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation
- Liaising with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff
- Managing database security/integrity and backup procedures
- Implementing security measures
- Defining objectives through consultation with staff at all levels
- Writing reports, documentation and operating manuals
- Testing and modifying databases to ensure reliable operation
- Providing user training, support and feedback
- Writing disaster recovery plans
- Database archiving
- Essential Demonstrable hands-on experience of database administration Proficiency in an automated database design lifecycle
- Strong analysis and reasoning skills Experience in writing conceptual models and testing
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Adheres to company’s Code of Conduct, applicable policies & procedures, as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively
- Ability to make balanced judgments Problem solver Patient, meticulous and logical
- High standards in what constitutes a releasable product
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- B.Sc in Computer Science, Information Technology or other directly relevant degree
- 3 years working experience in core Database Administration.
- A basic working knowledge of version control in a system (e.g. GitHub)
- Experience in logical and physical design of database using database management system
- Experience in database structures, analytics and administration
- Familiarity with computer operating systems and database technology
- Experience using JIRA & other Atlassian suite products.
- Experience using modeling tools and languages such as UML/ERD. Database administrator certification (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSql, MySql)
Skills & Proficiencies:
Application Closing Date
- Expertise and hands on experience with Oracle Administration and generally working with data on different relational and non-relational Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud will be an added advantage
- Strong Windows/Linux/Unix skills.
- Strong storage design and administration is an added advantage
- High level of Integrity and professionalism, especially in dealing with highly confidential information.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their CV to: [email protected]
using the role and location eg: (Database Administrator - Lagos) as subject title.