Kimberly Ryan Limited - Our client, a leading company in the Information & Technology space is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
- The role will ensure the Information Technology team fully understands the strategies, objectives and detailed requirements from business stakeholders to provide technical solutions.
- This role will ensure that applications developed or maintained adhere to the requirements of the business and technology/quality standards.
- The role will also, implement and maintain a set of standard practices and processes to guide how business applications are developed, managed, improved, and, when necessary, retire (application lifecycle management).
- Expected to be a problem solver with proven communication and analytical skills, willing to relentlessly push to understand the needs of and drive requirements from the business stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
- Gather business information to assess the current state of clients’ business and propose solutions on specific system issues/requirements that aligns to agreed project objectives and clients’ needs
- Analyse business information gathered from multiple sources; translate high level information into technical and generic requirements; in a manner that underlies clients’ needs for shared understanding amongst project team
- Demonstrate a high-level knowledge of IT solutions to bridge business requirements and provide technical direction and ensure compliance with leading industry practice
- Design and document processes, using industry-standard techniques, methodologies and modelling software
- Collaborate with Project managers in optimizing the project scope, benefits and risks; help manage expectations of user/client
- Engage with key business stakeholders to identify changing business priorities and relevant regulatory requirements, market and industry trends as well as introduce new processes and technology to enhance the business analysis service offering
- Provide regular communication and accurate project progress reports and any changes on systems requirements to all other project team members
- Capture client requirements on the Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) document to foster User Acceptance Testing
- Liaise closely with Quality Assurance to conduct, monitor and report on User Acceptance/Functional Test
- Plans leveraging the Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) document
- Regularly attend and contribute to project monitoring meetings to ensure work done by project team matches client’s priorities and project deliverables
- Serve as intermediary between the client and the software development team regarding software functionality, throughout the development lifecycle.
- Ensure integrity of information collected, stored, shared or reported and ensure all documentation is captured into the Knowledge Repository
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field is required with 6 years equivalent work experience successful project implementation in a software technology environment
- Master's degree in information technology, information systems or related field is desirable
- Hands-on experience in gathering and writing requirements for business applications is required
- Relevant professional certifications such as: International Institute of Business Analysts (IIBA), Information Architecture, Management Information Systems, Project Management Professional, Prince II or its equivalent is required
- Strong knowledge of requirements analysis best practices and methodologies.
Skills & Proficiencies:
Application Closing Date
- Business analysis
- Project management, Excellent knowledge of MS office suites
- Industry, business and product knowledge
- User acceptance testing software
- Technical writing, Software design and development
- Team management and Problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication (Written, Verbal, Presentation)
- Stakeholder management
- Strategic & analytical thinking
- High attention to details
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their CV to: [email protected]
using the role and location eg: (Senior Business Analyst - Lagos) as subject title.