Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Team Leader
MEAL Systems Development at Base Level In Consultation with the Country M&E Manager:
- Based on the project proposals, implementation plan, and donor reporting requirements, support the M&E Manager in the development and implementation of a system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts
- Ensure an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems at the base level through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed
- Conduct training for base project staff on M&E in line with identified capacity needs and provide ongoing mentoring support in consultation with the M&E Manager.
- Work with the various project teams to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner
- Contribute to regular reviews of the M&E system itself, making improvements as needed and recommended, in consultation with technical managers, M&E manager, staff, and partners.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Lead on compilation of regular monthly and quarterly base level reports using data provided by Base project teams and ensure cross checking of data
- Support the Head of Base and technical program Managers to ensure that planned activities are carried out in a way that is timely, cost effective and adheres to quality standards
- Provide base level project data to help with donor monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
Research and Evaluation:
- Coordinate with the donor-contracted Evaluation Team for conducting of activities at base and village levels
- Support coordination of overall project/s review and evaluation activities as required. This includes working with the independent Evaluation Team to coordinate mid-term and final evaluations, and supporting donor and external reviews as required
- Support creation of a system for ensuring that information obtained is also shared with communities, women, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism
- Ensure beneficiary accountability mechanism is logging and addressing complaints in a timely fashion. Ensure programme managers are aware of delays in acting on any complaints or information requests
- Training beneficiaries, community stakeholders and programme participants on DRC complaint response mechanism to promote downward accountability.
Knowledge Management & Learning:
- In consultation with Head of Base, country M&E Manager and technical managers, facilitate and compile case studies, change stories and lessons learned reports on a regular basis to share wider programme and inform improvements in quality and delivery
- Analyze information about the base level programme / projects and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure key base level lessons and challenges are documented and shared with staff and partners to help consolidate lessons learned for future proposal development and implementation of best practices.
- Training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- 3 years of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: Protection, Emergency NFIs, WASH, Shelter, Food security, Livelihoods and/ or Mine Risk Education initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning. Demonstrated ability and understanding to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and techniques such as focus group discussions, key informant interviews, observations to name a few.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to analyses data and summaries it for a range of different audiences.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities and evaluate progress.
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- Commitment to DRC /DDG’s mission, values and approach.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
Application Closing Date
- Availability: 6months
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
23rd August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Dropped at DRC office mentioned below:
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV and applications will be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- DRC as an employer
- The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.