Beacongate Limited - The company is primarily set up to help transform the latent abilities and potentials of Entrepreneurs, Professionals and Executives and make them realize their full potentials as well as create leadership brands that would make them distinct. This involves using approaches that lead to self discovery, awareness of situations, empowering for positive actions and actualization of goals and visions. We offer customized solutions to meet your personal and business needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Coordinator
Reports To: CEO
Responsibilities and Duties
- The Business Development Co-ordinator will position the business as a credible leader in the Nigerian start-up ecosystem.
- The candidate will be responsible for the creation of long-term value for the organization from clients, relationships and other stakeholders.
- Creates and execute strategies to achieve both foreign and local direct investment from multilateral institutions, parastatals and corporate organizations.
- Plays pivotal role in increasing revenue by managing and negotiating with potential donors, generating leads, qualifying prospects and managing for successful outcome.
- Identifies potential donors and partners and complete appropriate research on the prospective donor’s business and their strategic intent.
- Develops relationship with partners, donors and other prospective clients while maintaining existing client relationships.
- Market to potential donors and partners via telephone as well as conduct in-person meetings with key decision makers for the purpose of marketing the services to prospective clients and building on existing relationships.
- Identifies new opportunities and markets for the organisation’s need through in-depth understanding of what is needed to project the organisation’s brand.
- Works with other team members to agree positioning strategies for the organisation.
- Responsible for work planning against objectives set in agreement with the Managing Director.
- Works strategically by carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes necessary for optimum performance.
- Agrees and establish systems for the effective financial management of the organization.
- Provides monthly financial outlay, forecasts, performance report and other KPIs for the organization.
- Complies with all relevant policies and procedures.
- Partners with sale teams to create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients.
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary in order to achieve objectives and the organization’s goals.
- Education: Bachelor Degree in any Field
- Minimum of three years experience
- Cognate Experience: Experience in Sales and Marketing or Related Field.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong networking capacity will include all levels of Foundations, Trusts, Government and Corporate donors.
- Some expertise within the Public relations and Communications environment
- Sound managerial capacity and ability to handle all aspects of staff management
- Having a proactive, self-motivated and motivating style to ensure that this team continually meets targets.
- An excellent command of English and be able to produce top quality proposals and grant applications.
- Being able to contribute to the growth and strategic development of this organisation into the future.
- Excellent administrative, budgetary, and planning capacity within this Department.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
Helpful Qualifications / Non-requirements
- Must be a winner with a great attitude.
- Ready for local and regional travel, with heavy phone usage daily.
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
- Good communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must able to work well in a group and independently.
- Both methodical and creative.
- Extensive knowledge of the market including key industries, key contacts and the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of group presentations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Work IQ Attitude:
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under
- pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Teamwork: Play a key team player role and set examples to team and others contributing to the success of achieving a shared goal.
- Commitment: Manifesting a steadfast courageous and loyal commitment to the organisational and the team.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings on time.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently;
- plans for additional resources;
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate
- judgment; includes appropriate people in decision making process, makes timely decisions and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Productivity: Completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase quantity;
- works quickly and effectively with minimal supervisory oversight.
Very Attractive excluding commission.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.