Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer 1 - Social & Behavior Change
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The PO-SBC will be responsible for ensuring mass and mid media plans are implemented at the state level and are integrated with community mobilization plans.
- S/he will work closely with the State Coordinator and the Program Officer Social Mobilization (PO-SM) to ensure an integrated approach to messaging.
- Liaise with broadcasters in the state to ensure broadcast compliance of BA- Nigeria spots; inform national office immediately if a broadcaster deviates from the agreed plan.
- Maintain weekly and monthly monitoring report of all BA-N spots and programmes in radio and TV stations in state.
- Work with producers/broadcasters to keep track of locally produced content
- Provide ongoing technical support to local producers/broadcasters to ensure high quality content development and delivery.
- Identify new media opportunities for BA-N in the state;
- Contribute to the media planning process by providing guidance on channel selection
- Support media pretesting activities at the state-level
- Arrange and facilitate Listening Groups in the state in coordination with the P0- SM to collect feedback from target audiences on media programmes and report back to the national office.
- Coordinate mass and mid media activities with community mobilization activities through the P0-SM to ensure alignment where appropriate
- Provide support to programmatic research processes such as Human Centered Design and Behavior Economics at the state level.
- Represent Breakthrough ACTION at ACSM Subcommittee meetings and similar partner forums as required.
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of an HND/Bachelor's degree in Arts, Social Sciences or Health Sciences.
- 2 -4year's experience working with donor-funded projects related to radio/TV production
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages and database software and applications
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment.
20th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV only as one PDF document to: [email protected]
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly as described below. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review:
- Your cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Language skills.(Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: RODNEY NWOSU).
- The subject line of your email should be the job title along with the job location. E.g. “Program Officer 1 - Social & Behavior Change, Akwa-Ibom”
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation. Any applications that include certificates or other documents will be deleted immediately.