Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Coordinator, Support
Type of Contract: 6 months fixed term
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including administrative tasks related to the coordination of work, ensuring good relationships with local and national authorities and ensuring adequate program management in the projects, according to MSF protocols, (para)medical standards, rules of hygiene and the standard precautions in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health conditions of the targeted population
- Monitoring, supervising and evaluating the implementation of medical activities in the project, visiting projects according to preset schedule and participating in defining the human resources needs, materials and techniques. Assisting in the implementation of MSF protocols, (para) medical standards, the rules of hygiene and universal precautions in service.
- Assisting in the collection of information on national health policy (meetings, reports, articles, etc.), collecting and participating in the analysis of epidemiological data (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) from the projects
- Ensuring medical follow up of patients (treatment, improvement) in collaboration with the medical referent of the health structure and overseeing all medical expenses associated with the patient, in collaboration with the supervisors. Organize the administrative and medical information (reports, ongoing treatments), the discharge of patients and return to their homes
- Supporting and supervising the project teams and participating in the management of the medical team in the capital (recruitment, training, monitoring their work, vacation planning, assessments, etc.). Participating in briefings and debriefings of the (para) medical team members and promoting communication and active participation in the development of the project
- Applying the employee health policy and participating in the evaluation of hospital structures that can serve as reference structures for national and international staff. Participating in the medical monitoring of MSF personnel and overseeing all medical expenses associated with various consultations and hospitalizations in collaboration with the line manager
- Participating in the management of the central pharmacy, advising and guiding the logistics team in the mission of drug stock management. Organizing the start-up, inventory and management of operational medical library according to the classification plan
- Participating in the data collection and management from the projects as well as preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and organizing data archiving and medical reports in the project
- Performing other duties at the request of Medco (exceptional strengthening of a field team, involvement in evaluations, etc.)
Application Closing Date
- Essential Medicine Degree. Training in Tropical Disease desirable.
- Essential working experience of at least two years in related position
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service
25th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
using “Medco Support’’ as the subject of the mail.
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted”.