The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) - The bank was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade. The Bank, headquartered in Cairo, the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Board Secretariat
Requirements - Qualification and Skill
- To prepare notices, agenda and other relevant documents for the convening of Board Meetings, General Meetings (Annual and Extra-Ordinary) and various Board Committee Meetings for the Bank and its subsidiaries within the required timelines;
- To draft accurate minutes of the Boards and Board Committees of the Bank and its subsidiaries, and all General Meetings of shareholders within the required timelines;
- To ensure preparation, maintenance and updating of various statutory records and documents as applicable under the Bank’s Treaty and Charter documents and constitutive documents of its subsidiaries;
- Assisting in the preparation of the appropriate Corporate Governance codes and preparing and maintaining the relevant documentation for their implementation;
- Assist in the preparation of the Bank’s various reports and publications such Annual Reports, by providing the relevant data in corporate governance related areas;
- To facilitate the audit of statutory and Secretarial records by the Bank’s auditors, and to handle due diligence of records by external parties (e.g. rating agencies);
- Providing advice on international best practice corporate governance principles and their application as may be required for the operations of the Bank and its subsidiaries;
- Support the Board Secretariat and the President in facilitating and managing interaction with various shareholders and Board members;
- Provide professional assistance and advice in the issuance of shares and other equity instruments and the various compliance requirements related to the process;
- Ensure adequate preparations are in place and required assistance provided for the management of elections for office bearers at all General Meetings in accordance with the Bank’s relevant instruments; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
- Post graduate degree in Law from a recognized University and a Diploma in Legal Practice of a recognized Bar Course or Certified Membership in ICSA;
- Professional company secretarial practice and experience of not less than 8 years, with particular emphasis on the financial services industry, is essential. Experience in handling secretarial matters related to multilateral or international organisations will be an advantage;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of best practice corporate governance practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and to present required advice on various secretariat related issues to the Bank's senior management and the Board;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and working knowledge of French or vice versa. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese);
- Strong skills in drafting a variety of legal/secretarial documents and communicating complex issues clearly and concisely;
- Familiarity with trade and project finance issues, treasury issues and transnational transactions is desirable;
- Ability to speedily grasp the essence, content and implications of the Bank’s constitutive documents in order to be able to provide advice on them;
- Negotiating skills and capacity to work with other professionals to develop innovative solutions to conflicting interests and positions; and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
Application Closing Date
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to Michelle
Muir at: [email protected]
using the "Job title" as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply online