The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) - The bank was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade. The Bank, headquartered in Cairo, the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager (Board Secretariat)
Reference Number: LEEBLR5
: Cairo, Egypt
Requirements, Qualification and Skill
- Maintaining an up-to-date and accurate share register of all the Bank’s shareholders, including all information required to be maintained in terms of the Bank’s Charter, Corporate Governance Codes and international best practice.
- Compute and maintain accurate records of each shareholder’s equity including paid up and callable capital and credit enhanced callable capital as may be in place from time to time.
- Administer the process of issuance of new shares in line with the applicable share price and equity received.
- Administer the share certificate issuance process as well as confirmations of shareholding as may be required from time to time.
- Compute dividends payable per shareholder and maintain records of dividend payments as and when dividends are declared.
- Maintenance of records of accessions and ratifications of member states.
- Preparation of board reports on the status of equity investments, dividend payments and accessions and ratifications as may be required from time to time.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be designated by the Head of Department or senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or similar plus a relevant Post Graduate Degree.
- A Company Secretarial qualification would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar role, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrable organisation and planning skills.
- Demonstrable proficiency in English and working knowledge of one of the Bank’s other working languages (French, Arabic or Portuguese).
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change-oriented setting.
- Innovativeness, resourcefulness and ability to learn quickly.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (French & Arabic are added advantage).
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent time keeping skills and ability to put in extra hours as may be required.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and to multi-task.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to draft “ready to go” memo’s and reports.
Application Closing Date
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online