The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) - The bank was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade. The Bank, headquartered in Cairo, the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Banking Operations (Business Support)
Reference Number: LIPBLR14
: Cairo, Egypt
Business Initiative Implementation:
- Provide governance structure and framework for BAOP change initiatives and projects, create and maintain business project catalogue
- Oversee implementation of BAOP business change initiatives, and coordinate interaction with other functions on initiatives and projects impacting BAOP, both IT and non-IT related
- Communicate to relevant stakeholders on project objectives, schedule and progress to ensure ongoing buy-in.
Business Policy and Process Management:
- Provide governance structure and framework for policy and process management and establish an ongoing continuous improved culture across BAOP
- Create and maintain business policy and process catalogue and manage implementation of policy and process changes across BAOP
- Undertake capacity planning for BAOP, utilizing MI & Analytic capabilities to understand business performance and efficiency as well as working with other BAOP units to identify process and capacity issues.
Business Risk Control:
- Implement a strong first line of defense risk culture across Banking Operations
- Maintain and execute the Bank’s Operational Risk Framework in BAOP including:
- Risk and control assessments
- Internal control monitoring activities, including control testing
- Operational risk incident analysis and reporting
- Liaise with RIMA and INAU on BAOP operational controls to understand and address any control deficiencies
- Provide input to all BAOP units on the required degree and effectiveness of operational controls in relation to internal and external standards.
Management Information (MI) & Analytics:
- Oversee the MI & Analytics function, ensuring objectives as outlined are delivered
- Provide a manufacturing capability for data analysis and reporting, enabling other functions in the Bank to make informed decisions with enhanced business intelligence
- Provides a framework for leveraging data for tactical and strategic decisions by transforming data into analytical and operational reports
- Responsible for conducting periodic audits to ensure reporting capabilities are aligned to business and stakeholder requirements
- Communicate business performance and associated metrics to senior management.
Client Services and Document Management:
Requirements, Qualification and Skill
- Responsible for implementation of client services and document management capabilities with overall objective of ensuring delivery of BAOP services in line with agreed SLAs and enhanced client experience
- Understand client feedback and internal KPIs with respect to servicing quality and execute improvement initiatives
- Undertake client service reviews in conjunction with Origination and Operations functions
- Provide document related support during transaction execution as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Banking or Finance from a recognized University plus a post graduate degree in a relevant field;
- A professional qualification in the Banking will be an advantage;
- Proven experience of at least 8 years with a reputable banking organization in business management, strategy implementation and project/ change management roles. Experience in credit administration, trade finance processes and back office operation will be a positive differentiator. The candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of operating in a fairly complex banking environment with proven knowledge and understanding of best market practice in banking operations management;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
Application Closing Date
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online