The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) - The bank was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade. The Bank, headquartered in Cairo, the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Intra-African Trade Initiative (Junior Professional Programme)
Reference Number: LASBLR02
: Cairo, Egypt
- This job role is part of the Bank’s Junior Professionals Programme.
- The purpose is to provide the candidate with an opportunity to acquire further banking, finance and trade development skills in order to contribute impactful divers ideas to the operations of the Bank and, where relevant, the successful candidate could be considered for a permanent role.
- The candidate should be below 32 years of age and ready to commit to the Bank for a period of two years.
Reviews and Analysis:
- Preliminary review of all financing and non-financing requests submitted by customers and partners to ensure they meet the Bank’s eligibility criteria.
- Assist the team in policy advocacy and government relations, including relationships with Regional Economic Communities;
- Assist the team in resource mobilization for major regional infrastructure projects, including convening conferences;
- Assisting in evaluating the underlying financial assumptions of client’s proposal to ensure they are realistic and reliable;
- Working out pricing to ensure it meets the Bank’s stipulated hurdle rates as communicated periodically; and
- Make business /commercial recommendations on proposals to team members following preliminary review.
- Under the supervision of a designated Intra-African Trade staff, analyse intra-African trade finance proposals and develop draft indicative term sheets for transactions in line with customer’s request and the Bank’s products;
- Develop pre-assessment memos on proposals received from potential borrowers, highlighting key aspects of the transactions and providing sound arguments for the Bank to finance the transaction.
- Prepare and manage Intra-African trade transaction pipeline on a timely basis.
- Creating and reporting the department’s management information (MI) for accurate decision-making; and
- Responsible for the preparation and timely submissions of Monthly Reports and other ad-hoc reports, to the Head - Intra-African Trade Initiative.
- Assisting with the review developing and marketing of Business Materials to various target customers of the Bank;
- Advising clients on presentation of their financing proposals and requests to ensure it conforms to the Bank’s requirements;
- Provide support to the team in managing an efficient Intra-African Trade Information and Export Advisory Services;
- Provide support to the team in managing all intra-African trade customer relations, originating and on-boarding clients;
- Assist the team in structuring all intra-African trade transactions involving structured trade, supply chain finance, financial institutions and corporate finance loans;
- Develop, update and manage a database of Intra-African Trade Finance Intermediaries;
- Coordinating specific publicity and business development events like Conferences, Exhibitions, Road Shows, etc., on behalf of the Intra-African Trade Initiative, where Afreximbank is participating and is tasked to lead; and
- Undertaking desktop research into business models and new initiatives
Requirements, Qualification and Skill
- Following up on action-tracking logs resulting from internal committee meetings, external meetings and missions for which actions are required;
- Liaise with relevant departments in communicating queries and feedback to clients; and
- Supporting the team with administrative services during Road shows, missions and conferences.
- Bachelor's degree and a postgraduate degree in a relevant field from a recognized University backed by appropriate experience of at least 3 years;
- Ability to research, evaluate business models and analyze financial statements and Information;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
- Excellent written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Demonstrate organizational capabilities, including ability to manage work load with limited supervision to attain goals;
- Being able to multitask, proactive and able to use initiative appropriately;
- Ability to demonstrate proof of passion and commitment to the socio-economic empowerment of African countries and the ability to support the achievement of Afreximbank’s mandate.
Application Closing Date
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online