MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Commercial Legal
- To manage the company’s contractual arrangements regarding drafting, legality, structuring, fiscal efficiency and compliance
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Administer controls to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and effectively integrate ethics, compliance and preventive law efforts, ensuring MTNN activities are compliant with laid down laws and governing regulations/statutes.
- Conduct proactive prevention of litigation, ensuring legal processes and services are effective and efficient in line with defined and approved design and rules.
- Settle legal issues between MTNN and 3rd parties, assisting in managing liquidations and disputes.
- Carry out legal (administrative) services work including liaison/correspondence with external bodies and organizations, conducting due diligence in the structuring of deals relating to commercial transactions.
- Review legal cases, petitions and internal matters requiring legal input /perspective, consult with all relevant parties, advise on case/petition/legal related matter, provide recommendation on course of action and effectively take appropriate and approved action in accordance with the rules and regulations of MTNN.
- Draft legal agreements and review all relevant documentation supporting contracts for authenticity and validity, advising on company contracts relating to supplier agreements.
- Drive Knowledge Management and Best Practice Sharing within own Unit/Department/Division/Enterprise-wide as required.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the team/Unit, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities and leverage human resources career development programs for staff career development.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
Experience & Training
- Travel – local and international
- Resolution of disputes.
- Consolidation and Conclusion of agreements.
- Conformance to Opex.
- Turnaround time for advice, and commercial legal solutions.
- Limit MTN from litigation.
Application Closing Date
- 6-13 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Litigation and commercial experience.
- Experience in handling and negotiating funding
- In depth experience and understanding of the Nigerian framework
23rd August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online