Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA') is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior IT Officer
: Maiduguri with travel to field locations
Department / Sector: Operations
Reporting to: Finance and Administration Manager
Start date: Immediately
- The Senior IT Officer is the team leader of the NCA’s ICT Team
- As team leader, the position holder will perform management and development of information and communication technology needs and functions.
- He will manage, motivate and coordinate the ICT to ensure good quality ICT systems and infrastructure.
- Consulting with management team -on the strategy of the ICT department
- Develop and oversee, in conjunction with the management team. The strategy development and strategy implementation processes and the annual operating plans and budget of the ICT department.
- Advise on strategy direction of key resources including the information regarding all the operations sectors in order to implement affective policies.
- Provide documentation, detailed instruction, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, network topology constructed assembled, configured, maintained or used.
- Making decisions, solving problems. Analysing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
Development of the ICT sector:
- Develop and implement the information Board’s strategy in conjunction with the line manager service technology development & support, Oversee ICT support (infrastructure development, systems support and maintenance) to the NCA and extend this to partners.
- Review and manage information system processes and resolve gaps or weaknesses.
- Provide technical support for the development of information databases and resources including field level services on IT management.
- Proactively identify, deploy and develop new and innovative ways of disseminating information to all staff in particularly.
- User orientation, ability to identify user needs and appropriate solutions, ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with all staff internally.
- Manage the ICTs and ICT infrastructure requirements including the capacity of national vendors to supply services and good quality service deployments.
- Ensure the provision of systems support and maintenance to the ICT equipment as required.
- Making judgements and solving problems.
- Install, commission, maintain and repair the following: HF fixed and mobile transceiver: HF means: VHF and UHF base stations: repeaters, translators, mobile and handled unit’s remote-control terminals.
- Visit and evaluate new or alternate site VHF/UHF repeaters and translator operation: calculate path profiles, submit reports and recommendation suitable sites to the management.
- Programming transceivers installing appropriate frequencies and other pre-set technical parameters.
- Ensure UHF/VHF repeaters, translator, and HF/UHF base station and simulcast interconnectivity for maximum coverage.
- Assist in planning for deployment of large VHF/UHF trucking system throughout the mission carrying on the field stations.
- Conduct HF field strength measurements and propagations test ascertain the best night/ day frequencies as per the chart, monitor frequency, and advise the radio operators and drivers accordingly.
- Identify the source of any man - made radio interference, implement remedial action and recommend any changes of frequencies required and advice the radio operators accordingly.
Organization and Resources:
- Lead, motivate and develop the capability of the ICT team, to achieve agreed annual targets.
- Prepare and update a work- plan for delivery and ongoing development and outstanding issues and plans of the ICT functions.
- Mange effectively the deployment of resources, budgets and staff in the ICT function in order to achieve the overall targets under his or her responsibility.
- Undertake such other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
- A degree in ICT from a recognized University.
- 4 years’ experience in ICT department from reputable organizations.
- Familiarity with information Technology and communications Topology.
- Designing, Installation and managing local area network including WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network, Wi-Fi standards, VPN (virtual Private Network)
- Installation, configuration and managing of ICT networks
- Installation and configuration VSAT.
- Sound - knowledge of Network
- Installation and configuration of VHF/HF radios/ repeaters and base stations.
- Installations, maintenance stand - alone workstations and network photocopiers.
- Proven leadership and human management skills.
- Mail server configuration system management.
- Budget design and monitoring.
- Time-efficient, systematic working methodology
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Flexibility in the workplace
- Successfully manage a team through active monitoring, coaching and continuous support;
- Proactively seek solutions in a challenging context;
- Maintain high standards and quality of work;
- Work under pressure and with a tight deadline.
- Personnel management and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to train others in relevant skills and be a team player
- Ability to work in participatory manner with staff to assess needs, implement and monitor activities
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Flexibility in the workplace.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
Application Closing Date
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook.
16:00 latest; 19th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected]
Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
- Please include three referees in your applications, of which one must be a current or former supervisor from your current/former organization/institution with correct email addresses for all referees.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. We are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this.