Willers Solutions Limited - Our client, a reputable firm is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Truck Driver
- We are looking for a licensed Truck Driver who will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of goods and other articles of trade to our customers
- You will be tasked with driving and maintaining trucks that will be assigned to you, as well as working closely with our team of dispatchers in order to plan routes and track deliveries.
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Drive long distances to deliver goods to customers.
- Record cargo deliveries.
- Refuel and clean vehicle.
- Follow traffic laws.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Get goods to the client on time.
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers.
- Keep commercial driver license up to date.
Application Closing Date
- Proven work experience as a Truck Driver
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc)
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations.
23rd August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward thier CV “MS Word Format” to: [email protected]
using “Truck Driver” as the subject of the mail.
Only qualified candidates would be shortlisted.