The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Field Officer
Borno & Adamawa
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Responsible for managing data collection, analysis and storage efforts and the Activity databases
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the Activity Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with Activity Interventions and timeframes
- Review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators
- Check data quality with partners; implement the Activity M&E techniques and data management protocols
- Implement and coordinate M&E activities according to M&E Plan
- Prepare technical reports detailing the results of Activity M&E activities
- Prepare and consolidate quarterly and annual reports on activities relating to Activity implementation
- Present and deliver results to stakeholders
- Ensure proper filing of M&E evidence and documents
- Store survey results in an accessible and orderly method and assure safe keeping of Activity data in line with organizational data storage policy
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc/HND in Statistics, Mathematics, Agriculture, Social Sciences or related fields with minimum of Five (5) years’ experience performing similar functions or related roles in a structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented multicultural environment
- Have ability to communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in Hausa and English language
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Excellent reporting, writing
- Have ability to deliver accurate and timely reports
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and with tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate in one or more of northern Nigeria’s major languages is an advantage
Application Closing Date
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
31st August, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and CV saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more Information (PDF)
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.