The Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer - Prevention, Care & Treatment
Contract Type: Fixed term
Project: Global Fund
Slot: 2 Openings
- The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria in Nigeria.
- The Reading and Numeracy Activity (RANA) is a DFID-funded through UNICEF for early primary grades reading pilot project implemented in partnership with FHI 360 in collaboration with the State governments. RANA aims to improve literacy and numeracy for girls and boys in primary grades 1-3 in the supported states. It will assist approximately 100 formal Schools and Integrated Qur'anic Schools (IQS) in each of the states.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Senior Technical Officer - Prevention, Care & Treatment will provide technical support to implement high quality care and support activities with primary focus on clinical management of HIV/AIDS and Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV/AIDS.
- S/He will provide ongoing technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management including management of opportunistic infections and PMTCT capacity building to all facilities benefiting from the program.
- To provide technical support to SRs on Key Population Programming such as coordination of the HIV treatment services at 10 KP OSS facilities, support the STA on the conduct and documentation of all OSS trainings,
- Assist in the selection and training of ART sites to be designated as KP friendly sites, conduct periodic oversight to monitor service delivery at the OSS and KP friendly sites.
Application Closing Date
- MBBS/MPH with 3-5 years experience in clinical care, with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of anti-retroviral therapy in resource constraint settings.
- Postgraduate degree in Public Health is desirable.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGO5 and CBOs will be an added advantage.
2nd September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected]
with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications sent electronically (I.e. by e-mail) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.