The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ERD Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Requisition ID: req6214
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Regular
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Open to Expatriates: No
- The role of the M&E Officer is to coordinate the collection, compilation, consolidation and analysis of data to track programs/ projects activities, monitor progress and support impact measurement.
- S/he will also conduct research, engage in reflective practice and generate lessons from projects/program and prepare M&E plans for the ERD sector.
- S/he is responsible for establishing and ensuring better data management systems, and coordinates the proper and timely monitoring and evaluation of project objectives/impact.
Program/project design and learning:
- Participate in the of design of project d log frames/results frame work, Develop project monitoring tools to track project activities and indicators
- Organize periodical ongoing project review, and progress monitoring by involving beneficiaries and relevant stakeholders
- Cross fertilize learning among projects by regularly producing factsheets and share with project stakeholders Monitoring and Evaluation
- Track programs/project progress against set target bench market
- Ensures projects monitoring and evaluation activities including but not limited to baseline survey, mid-term evaluation, final evaluation, data quality audit and field supervision are carried out on timely;
- Provide technical assistance to project staff on information management system, proper data collection and record keeping;
- Provide consistent, supportive supervision to strengthen staff performance as necessary to meet monitoring objectives;
- Update M&E plan and indicator tracker timely and provide feedback to program staff on status and quality of implementation. Produce analytical, timely and accurate M&E reports on weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly basis or as scheduled to produce program reports
- Conduct regular data verification exercises to ensure reporting and collection of quality data;
- Document findings from data quality audits and store in project files to ensure collective and sustainable access;
- Actively participate in and contribute to M&E team activities, system assessments, development and implementation of new systems and/or tools aimed at strengthening overall M&E practices at IRC Nigeria;
- Closely work with staff to ensure they follow correct procedures and criteria during beneficiary registration;
Information management and reporting:
- Establish and maintain project information management system;
- Submit data set to update country office wide program database on monthly basis;
- Ensure all projects have downward/ forward accountability mechanisms and works with project staff to make sure its implementation;
- Ensure project documents are stored online using Box file
Capacity building and supervision:
- Organize training/orientation for project staff enumerators on the monitoring tools and data collections
- Conduct training. Mentoring and coaching for project staff on M&E
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor’s
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: S/he will report to M&E Manager and with a dotted line report to the ERD Program Manager.
- Position directly work: Livelihoods Officers, Agriculture Officer and Livelihoods Assistants and other M&E Unit staff
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science and Development Studies or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 progressive years of Monitoring and Evaluation and/or Research work with skills
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
- A strong foundation in research methods, statistics, monitoring and evaluation
- An in-depth knowledge of CommCare of Kobo ToolBox
- Demonstrated understanding of intermediate and advanced statistics and the ability to summarize generalize, and make predictions from large data sets
- Communication experience and skilled in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies and techniques
Demonstrated Management/Leadership Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assess priorities and effectively manage a variety of activities at a time while paying appropriate attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with staff and project stakeholders
- Fluency in English Language (written and oral) required.
- Good knowledge of Hausa Language will be considered
Computer/Other Tech Requirements:
Application Closing Date
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good knowledge and skills in Info-graphics/ Power BI.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online