Center for Civilians in Conflict’s mission is to improve protection for civilians caught in conflicts around the world. We call on and advise international organizations, governments, militaries, and armed non-state actors to adopt and implement policies, tools, and training to prevent civilian harm. When civilians are harmed we advocate for the provision of amends and post-harm assistance. We bring the voices of civilians themselves to those making decisions affecting their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Associate
Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Contract Term: Full time
Duration: 2 years, renewable
Scope of Work/Primary Responsibilities
- We are looking for a full time Training Associate to support our training efforts in Borno northeast Nigeria in areas such as Training of community self-protection committees across LGAs and support training on the protection of civilians in conflict for relevant security forces, members of community vigilante, civilian joint task force and hunter groups.
- The Training Associate is to be based in Maiduguri. He/ She will be responsible for training on protection of civilians to security forces, community members, civilian joint task force, vigilante and hunter groups in the various LGAs based on CIVIC’s training modules
Reporting & Supervision:
- The training Associate will report to and be supervised by the Project Manager and will report technically to Snr. Training Advisor.
- Review and update relevant training modules
- Lead and facilitate training sessions in identified LGAs for key actors
- Compile reports, participants attendance, evaluation for pre and post training questionnaires for each activity
- Attend and report on meetings for CBOs, NGOs and INGOs in the LGA with a bias for meetings with protection related discussions
- Attend and sometimes facilitate meetings between community protection committee and security forces
- Develop relevant reports from training delivery and outcomes for internal reports and donor reporting.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum B.Sc in relevant field is essential with 3 to 7 years of experience in training
- Computer literacy in MS Word is required.
- Work experience with an internationally-funded project and/or government organization is highly desirable.
- Great Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and/or Shuwa-Arabic is highly essential.
- Ability to reside/travel requently within the activity locations
Application Closing Date
- LGAs to be identified within Borno State.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online