Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Finance Officer
Reference Number: TAK036
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversees the financial management of TAK Group i.e., responsible for planning short, medium and short term), budgeting, accounting, financial statements, ensuring appropriate reimbursement, maintaining internal controls, ensuring a successful annual audit, and performing the necessary and appropriate financial/program analyses.
- Develops and ensures implementation of goals, projects, policies, procedures, methods and controls in his/her areas of responsibility.
- Develops finance targets for the financial year in consultation with Group leadership.
- Contributes to TAK's business strategy and ensure financial objectives are aligned across the respective subsidiaries.
- Cascade TAK financial strategies into an effective business plan for TAK subsidiaries and ensure maximum alignment between organizational objectives and operating companies activities.
- Forecasts revenues, expenditures and year-end balances on the accrual basis of accounting.
- Develops and implements robust cost management strategies to monitor and control costs across the organization.
- Oversees long-term budgetary planning, forecasting and cost management in alignment with TAK's strategic plan.
Cash flow management:
- Defines the liquidity strategy, which outlines how liquidity challenges will be handled and reviews this annually.
- Reviews cash flow position for ending period across the group. Reviews ledger and income statements to assess Group’s liquidity position.
- Reviews expected inflows for the next financial period and implications of default in inflow. Focuses attention on largest pipelines as they bear the highest risk on Group’s liquidity position.
- Reviews list of payments expected within the period, including personnel fees, capital expenditures and other operational costs.
- Manages consolidated balance for the Group to obtain highest possible interest earnings.
- Oversees capital expenditures considering the Group’s liquidity position.
- Oversees disbursements using strategies to allow earnings on consolidated account to be maximized.
Finance Administration and Compliance:
- Ensures Group’s financial practices comply with statutory regulations and legislation.
- Ensures Group’s financial systems support current activities and future growth.
- Ensures appropriate finance systems are maintained and that all procedures/controls are implemented.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or related field.
- Professional qualifications in ACCA, ICAN, CFA or related field.
- MBA or Masters’ Degree in a related field would be an added advantage.
- 15+ years of relevant experience with at least 7 years in a senior management role.
- Experience in agriculture and manufacturing industries would be an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, laws and best practices.
- Proven record of accomplishment in overseeing the preparation and control of the company’s financial reporting processes, and managing annual planning process.
- Excellent knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting.
- Analytical mind with strategic abilities.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Effective communication and people skills.
Friday; 30th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online