The Niger Basin Authority (NBA) is an inter-governmental organization responsible for promoting cooperation amongst Member states and contributing to improve the living conditions of the basin populations through sustainable management of water resources and associated ecosystems. The member Countries are: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Nigeria and Chad.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Expert En Passation Des Marches (Procurement Expert)
Background and Rationale
- In 1964, the States bordering the Niger River and its tributaries created the Niger River Commission (NFC). In 1980, the NBA succeeded the Niger River Commission with nine Member States (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d'Ivoire, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Nigeria).
- The NBA's mission is to promote cooperation among member countries and ensure integrated development of the basin through the development of resources in the fields of energy, water, agriculture, livestock, fisheries and fish farming, forestry and sylviculture, transport and industrial communications.
The objectives of the Niger Basin Authority are to:
Mission of the Position
- Harmonize and coordinate national policies for the development of water resources in the Niger Basin
- Participate in development planning through the elaboration and implementation of an integrated basin development plan
- Promote and participate in the design and operation of works, projects and programmes of common interest
- Ensure the control and regulation of all forms of navigation on the river, its tributaries and sub-tributaries, in accordance with the Niamey Act
- Participate in the formation of requests for assistance and in the mobilization of financing for the studies and works necessary for the development of the Basin's resources.
- Under the supervision of the Executive Secretary of the NBA, the Procurement Expert is responsible for ensuring strict compliance with procedures for awarding and monitoring the execution of contracts for all NBA activities.
- In collaboration with the DAF and Project Coordinators, develop and ensure publication of NBA and project procurement plans
- Ensure the contracting process at all stages in a diligent and transparent manner
- Ensure timely and consistent performance of contracts in accordance with funding agreements and the NBA Manual of Procedures
- Ensure, in general, the proper implementation of the procurement system during the execution of activities.
- The candidate must hold a graduate Degree in Engineering, Administration, Law, Finance, Management, or Public Procurement Management (minimum level BAC + 5 or any other equivalent diploma)
- Justify additional training in procurement
- Have at least ten (10) years' proven professional experience in the field of Procurement
- Avoir une solide connaissance informatique des logiciels usuels (Word, Excel, Power point, E-mail).
The candidate must:
General Information for the Position
- Demonstrate good execution of procurement procedures, good character in the performance of his/her duties, good analytical and drafting skills, and a good working relationship with other staff members
- Good ability to coordinate multiple activities and mobilize synergies, high strategic sense with a high capacity for adaptation, strength of proposal and a strong sense of dialogue and negotiation, and a strong sense of client approach with a strong ability to listen and be open to others
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and transformative leadership
- Be creative and of good character, have a sense of organization, planning, problem solving and strategic thinking, and give priority to clients - Knowledge of English and French is an asset.
- The positions are permanent and will be based at the NBA headquarters in Niamey, Niger
- The initial duration of the contract will be two (02) years renewable for each position, following a satisfactory performance evaluation after a one-year trial period
- Attractive salary with several benefits including, among others (health insurance for the employee and his family up to a maximum of 6 children, home leave every 2 years in the country of origin, one-way ticket for the employee and his family on taking up and leaving the service, etc.).
Application Closing Date
- Nationals of one of the NBA member countries: (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon , Chad, Côte d'Ivoire, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Nigeria)
- Aged 55 or under on 31st December, 2019.
6th September, 2019 (13:00 GMT).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to the head office at:
Société Afrique Conseil,
Avenue Van Vollen Hoven - Carré N° 163,
Face "Les Bagnoles" ex-CABOMA in Cotonou Boite Postale: 919 - Cotonou, Rép du Bénin.
634 (Telephone: 00229 90921753).
Send accelerated Application by email to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
The Application should contain the following below:
- A letter of motivation addressed to the "Executive Secretary of the NBA", with the reference of the position for which you are applying and your salary expectations
- An updated and detailed Curriculum Vitae specifying the candidate's date of birth, Diplomas (year and place of graduation), duration (months and/or years) of experience
- A birth certificate
- A certified copy of the titles, Diplomas and certificates of qualifications
- Copies of certificates or attestations of work or services
- Two (2) passport photos
- An extract from the criminal record less than three months old;
- A copy of the certificate of nationality or any other document proving nationality
- The names and addresses of three (3) reference persons.
For further information, please visit the following websites: www.afriqueconseil.com
; NBA website: www.abn.ne