At Arc Skills, we take a pioneering approach to skill development for the 21st-century by creating education and training products that are transferable, industry relevant, and accessible to all. Our products support the growth of the skills needed at every stage of life from student to graduate to professional.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Management and Budgeting:
- Manage and direct company operations to meet budget and other financial goals.
- Drive brand values through all training and development activities geared towards the sustainability of the Arc Connect program.
- Develop, establish, and direct the execution of operating policies to support overall company objectives.
- Work in partnership with other functional heads and team members to create strategic plans as well as implementing new processes and approaches in achieving it.
- Spearhead other special projects and setting up additional revenue streams for Arc Skills.
- Establish budget control systems for controlling expenditures and control expenditures in accordance with budget allocations.
- Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress of Arc Connect activities against the set goals. Ensure program milestones are met, particularly placement targets.
- Oversee daily operations and coordinate activities through assigned staff; prioritize and delegate work activities and ensure smooth daily operations of VTCs and trainings.
- Serve as a key liaison with vocational training centers, particularly in relation to their technical support.
- Recommend new training programs, equipment and resources for the training centers, as required.
- Direct, monitor and participate in research and business intelligence activities including data collection, focus groups, industry engagements, employer summits, evaluation and analysis, etc.
- Keep abreast of training trends, industry needs, developments and best practices to enhance the project.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to cultivate a strong, positive image of the Arc Connect brand among its stakeholders, as well as designing and implementing a well-designed public relations plan.
- Oversee risk management and legal activities: client contracts, partnership agreements, VTC management etc.
Business Development Responsibilities:
- Drive sustainable revenue and growth through trainee enrolments.
- Reviewing, and implementing commercial pricing model that is aligned to company business growth, competitors’ activities and changing market conditions.
- Ensure the program objectives and standards are consistent across the Arc Connect model to develop initiatives thereby driving sales.
- Producing quarterly metrics relating to sales performance, client and customer satisfaction, and operational excellence.
Qualifications / Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business Administration or related course. MBA preferred
- Must have exceptional B2C business development/sales background and a consistent track record in sales conversion success and performance
- Experience managing training institutions as well as having an eye for revenue generation.
- Knowledge of/experience with USAID-funded projects an advantage
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) an advantage.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using participatory training methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; Ability to build effective relationships with all participants, peers, and stakeholders
- Must be able to work within a cross cultural setting, negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team and liaise closely with others
- Proactive and creative, and able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Familiar with traditional and modern training processes
- A passion for quality and for developing others.
Application Closing Date
- 12+ years of experience in relevant job role including experience selling in the B2C space.
- Sound understanding of student/graduate catchment areas.
- Experience and expertise in designing and implementing wide-range of methods and approaches to skills development and capacity building
- Proven experience successfully managing large scale, complex projects, as well as training centres
- Supervisory experience required
- Previous experience as a subject matter expert with a Training Institution is an added advantage.
30th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.