World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Consultant, Support Training Workshops on OneHealth Tool and STATA
Job ID: 1903987
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract duration: 17 days
- The overall objective of the assignment is to support the training of the Anambra State Health Account Team led by the Healthcare Financing Equity and Investment Unit and relevant Staff of the Anambra SMOH on Onehealth Tool and STATA.
Roles and Responsibilities
- WHO Nigeria through funding from the EU, under the “Strengthening of the Nigerian Health System for Primary Healthcare Delivery Project” has set up systems to facilitate estimation of healthcare expenditure in Anambra state. These includes the establishment of a health finance unit, a healthcare technical working group, training of SMoH stakeholders on sustainable healthcare financing, development of a state health account and policy and strategy. The next essential activity to further strengthen the system is to train healthcare finance stakeholders on the use of One Health Tool (OHT) and STATA
- Onehealth tool is a software application developed to support countries to estimate the resource requirements for a comprehensive and integrated national health strategic plan. The tool allows users to project health sector needs for years into the future, plan budgets, plan for numbers needed of specific health care providers, plan the number of units and costs of pharmaceuticals that will be needed, identify where bottlenecks are likely to occur in the projection and planning, interventions to apply to problems, and various other mapping tools for any selected country. It is thus primarily intended to inform sector wide national strategic health plans and policies.
- STATA is a statistical tool of analysis which is critical in completing Health Account Studies. After the training, participants would be able to support and sustain tracking of core health system resources along the continuum of Anambra State SHDP II including the conduct of annual health account studies.
- Provide technical support for training of the Anambra State Health Account Team led by the Healthcare Financing Equity and Investment Unit and relevant Staff of the Anambra SMOH on Onehealth Tool and STATA.
Breakdown of the number of days for technical assistance
- Training Agenda
- PowerPoint presentation and other training materials (aids)
- Consultancy report including challenges and recommendations for the WCO.
Tasks, Days and Output/Deliverable:
- Planning Meetings, (Day: 5): Training Agenda/Training Materials
- OHT Training, (Day: 5): OHT Training Report/Attendance Sheet
- OHT Training Report/Attendance Sheet, (Day: 5): STATA Training Report/Attendance Sheet
- Report Writing, (Day: 2): Comprehensive Consultancy Report
- University Degree in Public Health, Health Economics, Health Services Management, Social Sciences, Economics, Data Management, and related disciplines.
- Relevant training in OneHealth Tool, STATA, System of Health Accounts, Health Management, planning, and leadership.
Application Closing Date
- Up to 3 years of working experience in health systems, health economics, data management, health planning, and use of OneHealth Tool, STATA, System of Health Accounts and related analytical tools.
9:59:00PM; 30th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.