Outsidein HR Limited - Our client is solving what is arguably the biggest challenge on the continent: youth unemployment. In West Africa, 40-85% of youth, more than 50 million, are unemployed or underemployed.
Meanwhile, job creation in the region is on the rise. The disconnect between work-ready youth and the employment market must be bridged. Since 2013, they have trained over 3,000 unemployed youth and transitioned over 70% of them into employment, entrepreneurship or education/training opportunities that double their incomes within one year.
They are seeking to hire vibrant, creative and inspired individuals who are ready to fill the below position:
Job Title: Strategic Partnerships Associate
- The Strategic Partnerships Associate will be key in catalyzing partnerships with funders, businesses, educators and government.
- The Associate will be an external face of the organization and drive value innovative partnerships.
- A critical part of this role will involve working closely with the senior leadership (CEO, Programs Lead, Support Services Lead and Financial Sustainability Lead) to improve how the organization delivers on its customer promise to all its external stakeholders, from job seekers to employer partners to funders.
The Strategic Partnerships Associate performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Partnership Relationship Management:
- Proactively research and identify potential partners including individuals, foundations, corporations and government entities and determine if they are a good match for the organization.
- Creatively draw on experience and existing contacts to secure appointments with target partners (individuals, foundations, corporations and government entities).
- Serve as the first “point of contact” within the development team to ascertain new volunteers and opportunities that are presented to the organization.
- Work with the Recruiting and Corporate training teams to create and maintain a strong employer relationship management structure and a compelling case for employer partnership opportunities with existing and prospective partners.
- Map influencers and stakeholders of the education-to-employment system (industry associations, large corporations, best-in-class SMEs, education associations, government agencies) that will be critical to growing the movement around “competencies first” / “competencies over credentials”
- Develop and implement strategies to engage key stakeholders for the “competencies first” / “competencies over credentials” movement
- Develop partnership proposals for stakeholders to help spread the change in hiring attitudes and behaviours as well as learning/education attitudes and behaviours
Development / Fundraising:
- Develop and implement strategic fundraising initiatives.
- Develop and implement strategies to engage current and expand portfolio of donors and partners.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of donors, partner database and pipeline prospects, running reports and managing the acknowledgement process.
- Work with leadership and team across board to create and maintain a strong fundraising structure and a compelling case for philanthropic investment opportunities with existing and prospective partners.
- Drive donor communication and speed of response, fundraising campaigns, calendar scheduling, and travel arrangements.
- Develop funding and other partnership proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
- Coordinate completion and submission of timely reports/presentations on existing grants and track progress using approved software.
Grow Organization’s Profile:
- Work with Communications team and Board Member Communications expert to develop and roll-out a Communications strategy that grows the client’s domestic and international profile.
- Work closely with the communications team on strategy implementation (What Audience, What Message, What medium)
- Work closely with the communications team on strategy evaluation and realignment as needed.
- Discover relevant conferences and events that the client needs to be represented at or participate in and secure sponsorship where available to cover attendance
Ensure Delivery of Customer Promise:
- Work with department leads on strategies to improve delivery of our customer promise
- Perform other ad-hoc duties and projects as required.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 2 - 3 years' experience in a similar position (compulsory).
27th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.