Outsidein HR Limited - Our client is solving what is arguably the biggest challenge on the continent: youth unemployment. In West Africa, 40-85% of youth, more than 50 million, are unemployed or underemployed.
Meanwhile, job creation in the region is on the rise. The disconnect between work-ready youth and the employment market must be bridged. Since 2013, they have trained over 3,000 unemployed youth and transitioned over 70% of them into employment, entrepreneurship or education/training opportunities that double their incomes within one year.
They are seeking to hire vibrant, creative and inspired individuals who are ready to fill the below position:
Job Title: Employee Experience Officer
- The Employee Experience Officer is responsible for designing, managing and supporting the entire life cycle of staff members of the organization, from recruitment to retention to growth.
- The Employee Experience Officer will work closely with the Department Leads, and senior leadership to maximize the employee experience based on the organization’s value proposition.
- The Employee Experience Officer will support the entire organization through effective collaboration with the department leads to understand the specific needs of their teams and report findings to senior leadership. The ideal candidate will be a natural leader with excellent verbal/communications skills and a thoughtful, persuasive personal style.
- Develop and implement employee experience strategy that ensures employee experience is the top 10% of all lifetime work experiences and directly leads to the most effective (quality fit, time, cost) talent acquisition
- Develop and execute initiatives that reinforce employee value proposition (Mastery, Meaning, Membership) and culture with a high level of detail and organization
- Utilize effective communication for Internal Communications needs
- Participate in cross-functional collaboration with the Internal Communications team, People team, and other teams as needed.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions for culture initiatives using insight gathered from the employee base.
- Communicate organizational decisions from senior leadership to organization
- Be the culture keeper in key areas (Communication, Transparent and effective decision making)
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, digital, non-verbal) with a diverse set of employees in a way that builds trust, shows genuine care and respect for the whole person and demonstrates generous listening.
- Strategic thinking to effectively map out the direction of the organization, while constantly emphasizing the value proposition of the organization in a manner that engages and motivates employees.
- Proactive Problem Solving to understand the direction of the organization, while also ensuring it aligns with staff needs
- Ability to multitask and problem solve varying team member needs (Health, PD, Leave requests, Pension, Taxes, Salaries, Payslips, as well as varying day to day needs)
- Ability to make effective decisions by gathering input from stakeholders, and considering the impact on the organization and team members, while communicating and being transparent with the decision-making process
- Approachable and able to build trust with team members
- An innovative mindset to deal with ambiguity, peculiar situations and constant changes
- Organized to handle multiple tasks in a timely manner while managing expectations along the way
- Motivate employees and maintain high levels of staff morale and engagement
- Ability to lead people by supporting them to perform their tasks effectively
- Communicate complicated matters in a simple, structured way across the entire organization from entry-level to senior leadership
- Get work done through cooperation with other groups with no direct reporting relationship to the position
- Self-starter, with proven ability to produce results within budget and time deadlines.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 2 - 3 years' experience in a similar position (compulsory).
27th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.