Outsidein HR Limited - Our client is solving what is arguably the biggest challenge on the continent: youth unemployment. In West Africa, 40-85% of youth, more than 50 million, are unemployed or underemployed.
Meanwhile, job creation in the region is on the rise. The disconnect between work-ready youth and the employment market must be bridged. Since 2013, they have trained over 3,000 unemployed youth and transitioned over 70% of them into employment, entrepreneurship or education/training opportunities that double their incomes within one year.
They are seeking to hire vibrant, creative and inspired individuals who are ready to fill the below position:
Job Title: Learning & Development (L&D) Coordinator
- The Learning & Development (L&D) Coordinator will join the People Department to oversee the development of sustainable and scalable structures for onboarding, training and promoting the growth of all employees.
- The L & D Coordinator will also shape the learning culture we have worked hard to build, thinking up new initiatives to grow employees’ multidisciplinary and critical thinking as well as their ability to learn.
- These scalable structures and systems will also be shared and replicated by our growing network of replicator partners and employer partners who are also seeking sustainable ways to grow and retain their talent, providing the opportunity for exponential impact on how businesses develop their human capital.
The L&D Coordinator performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Strategy development and strategic planning:
- Co-developing a learning and development strategy that accelerates the organization's talent strategy (with the Department Leads, and senior leadership) for the purpose of increasing individual and organizational performance and also for the purpose of improving employee morale while simultaneously enhancing their skills
- Developing short- and medium-term strategic plans to implement L&D strategy
Coordination / Support:
- Taking initiative in assisting individual employees in the maintenance and improvement of their job skills and preparation for promotions or roles that demand greater skills;
- Understanding and assessing L&D needs
- Designing and implementing L&D programs (including budgeting).
- Setting up individualized training programs in order to strengthen employees’ existing skills or to cultivate new ones.
- Responding to training requests from departmental leads or project leaders to develop and deliver training on time and within the requested budget.
- Onboarding new employees, ensuring indoctrination into the WAVE culture, incorporating them into their departments and ensuring that basic skills and knowledge are covered
Analysis and Innovation:
- Designing and innovating on methods to measure, analyze and improve the effectiveness (ROI) of L&D initiatives
- Analyzing and reviewing implemented programs and vendors/training providers
- Prepare knowledge products (reports, presentations, publications) to share what works
- Proactively research and identify potential partners and determine if they are a good service provider
- Build and maintain relationships with a growing network of training providers.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 2 - 3 years' experience in a similar position (compulsory).
27th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.