Outsidein HR Limited - Our client is solving what is arguably the biggest challenge on the continent: youth unemployment. In West Africa, 40-85% of youth, more than 50 million, are unemployed or underemployed.
Meanwhile, job creation in the region is on the rise. The disconnect between work-ready youth and the employment market must be bridged. Since 2013, they have trained over 3,000 unemployed youth and transitioned over 70% of them into employment, entrepreneurship or education/training opportunities that double their incomes within one year.
They are seeking to hire vibrant, creative and inspired individuals who are ready to fill the below position:
Job Title: Communications Strategy Coordinator
- The Alumni Strategy Coordinator role will be key in developing strategies to build and strengthen relationships between WAVE and its alumni in order to maximize alumni engagement, career progression and income transformation.
The Strategic Partnerships Associate performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Strategy and leadership:
- Develop and implement a 3-5-year alumni strategy to transform incomes (15% annually) and accelerate career progression of organization’s alumni into middle management or job-creating entrepreneurship
- Develop a system for crowdsourcing continuous and professional development (CPD) opportunities for alumni to develop in-demand skills for the 21st century world of work
- Deploy behavioral nudges to nudge alumni to take advantage of development opportunities
Grow Alumni Profile:
- Work with Communications and Academy Career Services teams to develop and roll-out a Communications strategy that grows WAVE alumni profiles
Ensure Delivery of Customer Promise:
- Work with department leads on strategies to improve delivery of our customer promise.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties and projects as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 1 - 2 years experience in a similar position (compulsory).
- Occasionally the need to attend events taking place “out-of-hours”, normally by prior arrangement, for which time off in lieu can be claimed
- Maintaining a good knowledge of the alternative pathways sector and opportunities available for continuous & professional development and further education for alumni
- Strategy development
- Strategic planning
- Project management
- Business development
- Relationship building
Position Motivators - “Why should anyone want this job?”:
Application Closing Date
- Positioning: offers experience and access to people and opportunities that will position you well for your next career move, especially if it involves “winning friends and influencing people”
- Variety: provides a great deal of variety in the nature of the work performed, from meeting diverse people to public speaking at conferences, every day is some new exposure
- Autonomy: offers considerable autonomy and independence on how you execute on the job
- Altruism / Meaning (offers satisfaction of regularly helping others with their concerns).
27th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.