The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility and Stores Assistant
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Receive fuel and other store items for the Station, while receiving fuel ensure use of flow meter and should be done in the presence of other staff and security to ensure correctness of quantity and quality
- Issue fuel to IITA vehicles and generators as approved on the fuel slip and issuance of other store items should be done only with duly approved SRV
- Maintain proper record for all stored items and provide accurate details of usage every month for charge back
- Make request on time for needed store items for restocking before they are completely exhausted
- Assist in updating and managing Station assets register as required by IITA procedure
- Supervise admin casuals (cleaners and, gardeners) and SIWES
- Work in collaboration with the workshop personnel to oversee any plumbing, electrical and cleaning work in the station
- Assist with office management regarding allocation, usage and air-condition maintenance;
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc or HND in Business Administration, Public Administration, Purchasing and Supply or any related qualification with four (4) years working experience in a similar position.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be computer literate,
- Have good knowledge of facility store management.
- Have ability to drive
- Have good written and oral communication skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
5th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and CV saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more Information (PDF)
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.