The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Youth Led Training Officer
Borno & Adamawa
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Will lead the development, management, and implementation of all the training programs for the identified youths
- Coordinate efforts of all identified partners in contributing to training activities
- Select trainee cohorts and input to the trainee database identification and screening of sites for training and entrepreneur incubation
- Determine the equipment needs of training sites and advice for upgrade
- Lead training of trainers (TOT) for identified facilitators
- Track and report on training outcomes
- Integrate promising advanced agricultural technologies into the training curriculum
- Assist with the development of curriculum that reflects private sector needs and standards of competency
- Supervise and monitor trained youths alongside the M&E manager and Youth/gender facilitator
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- BSc/HND or advanced degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Business Administration, or related field with at least three (3) years of relevant job experience from International organizations/NGOs/donors preferably linked to tropical agriculture or International development.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be computer literate with a good working knowledge of computer-based control systems, shared network drives and maintaining database of trainers and training activities
- Have excellent analytical and communicational skills
- Be experience in statistical programs is an advantage.
- Competence in the use of in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); is desirable
- Have excellent communication and supervisory skills as well as communicate and write effectively in English
- Have demonstrated ability to provide ongoing mentorship in entrepreneurship to youths and provide support to entrepreneurship program in the different agricultural value chains for the project
- Have experience in organizing and coordinating training programs and activities and supporting training in vocational agriculture, and liaising with numerous youth groups to demonstrate and promote Agribusiness opportunities for youth
- Have experience in curriculum development including defining specific knowledge and practical skill sets
- Have been previously involved in the training of trainers in Agriculture or related field
- Exhibit good network and partnership skills with local training sites and training providers as well as coordinate their efforts
- Have ability to communicate in one or more of northern Nigeria’s major languages is an advantage
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and CV saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more Information (PDF)
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.