Megalectrics Limited is a reputable and wholly owned indigenous company with its headquarters in Lagos. The company was registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission in July of 2001.
The company is presently operating three (3) radio stations from our 26, Keffi Street, Ikoyi office. And recently, 2 new stations (The Beat 97.9FM and Naija FM 102.7) were set-up in Ibadan, Oyo State; making five (5) radio stations operated by Megalectrics Ltd.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: On-Air Personality
- Responsible for the entertainment, education and information of audience in a given time belt/slot;. Serve all genres in radio, including news/talk, sports, music, skits, take input from the audience or interview special guests, Commercials, news, and public announcements aired
- Creatively develop programs for assigned belt to suit station demographic
- Moderate panels or talks shows on various relevant topics in line with NBC rules.
- Coordinate games, contests, or other on-air competitions, performing such duties as asking questions and awarding prizes.
- Conduct proper research and get background information in order to prepare adequately for programs or interviews.
- Comment on and present facts to the listeners on various issues – Artists, their music, tours, weather, traffic, politics, current affairs etc
- Interview show guests about their lives, their work, or topics of current interest.
- Answering calls during live programs; hold conversation and attend to call-in listeners enquiries during the show.
- Ensure scheduled adverts/commercials on the schedule sheet are played in line with Traffic schedule
- Record and report failed adverts to the appropriate department
- Responsible for announcing commercials, giving weather and traffic reports and updates, and either introducing New and reporting breaking news.
- Update the station log. This information is given to the traffic department for the log of daily station activities the NBC (National Broadcast Commission) requires.
- Adhere strictly to NBC’s rules relating to delivery of hypes, talks etc.
- Doing voice-overs for commercials for the radio station.
- Engage audience on all the social media platforms and ensure that on-air and online are integrated. i.e. always updating digital platforms to be in line with ongoing on-air programs.
- Working the control board (CONSOLE), keeping the programming logs.
- Making special public appearances on behalf of the station and promoting the station’s brand.
- Regularly attend and be part of both Station’s and Company’s meetings and events.
- Adhere strictly to rules and procedures as set by management.
Application Closing Date
- A Tertiary Institution degree
- A good Radio Voice
- Passion for the Job
- Ability to develop creative programs
- Team spirit
- Excellent communication skill
- Public Speaking ability
- People relations
- Good understanding of the urban and Pop culture
31st August, 2019
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and off air dub to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as subject of the email.