Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited - In the coming decades, energy resources will become increasingly difficult to find and access. As one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry, Halliburton serves the life cycle of the well.
We are seeking for qualified candidates with relevant experience to fill the position below:
Job Title: Well Control Specialist - Response, I
Job Ref No.: BC4O1/EGS/19
Application Closing Date
- Under general supervision, monitoring of oil well blowout and emergency conditions, firefighting, well-killing and other blow out procedures in emergency drilling situations.
- Has knowledge of basic oilfield terminology, communicates effectively verbally, in writing and in illustration.
- Demonstrates understanding of what is required on internal reports as well as what is required on customer reports per job scope.
- Demonstrates fundamental understanding of hydraulic power and basic understanding of firefighting pumping operations and fluid hydraulics.
- Must demonstrate basic understanding of fluid storage.
- Understands procedures to determine hazards and responsibilities of working in domestic and foreign countries.
- Has understanding of key Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) issues as related to activities on project site.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of well control equipment and well control operations.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of response plans and how they are utilized during a well control operation.
- Understands the need for well control and is familiar with basic well control principles.
- Assists in repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in well site operations.
- Must work under hazardous conditions including high pressure, high temperature, loud noise, fire, chemical and gas exposures, moving machinery, etc.
- Attention to detail, quality orientation required.
- Must be able to organize multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Strong PC computing skills preferred, including MS Office and engineering software.
- Good communication and effective working relationships exist with other departments.
- Experience in oil and gas deep-water operation will be an added advantage for applicants.
17th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward their CV and Application Letter clearly stating their position of interest to: [email protected]
- Your mail subject must indicate the "Job Title and the Reference Number" of the position you are applying for.
- The position is for experienced personnel only. Only candidates with the required level of experience for the position applied for will be considered.