Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited - In the coming decades, energy resources will become increasingly difficult to find and access. As one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry, Halliburton serves the life cycle of the well.
We are seeking for qualified candidates with relevant experience to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal, Technical Professional-Cementing
Job Ref No.: K940/ESG/19
Application Closing Date
- Under broad direction, working closely with Business Development, matches Halliburton’s technical, commercial and operational capabilities to customer needs through developing a clear understanding of customer’s business and technical issues and drivers, effective delivery of technical sales presentations, and developing and maintaining personal relationships to effectively sell tailored cement solutions.
- Liaises with customers on technical issues, including performance review and process Improvements to better support the needs of the customer.
- Prepares tender submissions and develops Performance Optimization Plans (POP) for each customer, including the deployment of new technology and processes.
- Is responsible for selling, and ensuring the cementing team also sells, the new technology and processes identified in the POP plans to maximize profitability and/or market share.
- In accordance with Halliburton’s Management System and the Cementing strategy, provides cementing job designs for complex Isolation problems, operational expertise, and post job analysis to customers in designated area.
- Ensures improvements identified from previous jobs are implemented and learning shared with the cementing team and advertises successes by writing, publishing and presenting case histories and industry papers (for example SPE).
- Collaborating with customer office based drilling and/or production engineers, tailors barrier solutions to meet their requirements and Halliburton’s commercial expectations, considering both the price of the solution to the customer, including consideration for solutions and pricing offered by competitors, as well as the total cost to Halliburton to deliver it.
- Performs technical investigations of irregular jobs and initiates, reviews, and closes CPls (Correction, Prevention, Improvement) pertaining to job design and technology.
- Assists PSL managers, using available performance metrics, to identify ways to improve materials, equipment and personnel utilization, reduce costs and increase service efficiency.
- Recruits technical staff.
- Establishes development plans for the cementing technical team.
- Mentors junior members of the cementing team, ensuring they follow their development plans.
- Communicates and manages the implementation of applicable PSL / Regional initiatives.
- Performs applicable performance and competency assessments and disciplinary activities as necessary up to and including termination proceedings with collaboration from Human Resources.
- With minimal supervision, independently applies advanced engineering techniques, makes decisions on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization to resolve important questions or to negotiate with key engineers and officials of other organizations.
- At this level, individuals will have demonstrated creativity, foresight,and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving engineering problems in the most efficient and economical manner.
- They will be expected to contribute to inventions, patents, and new designs or techniques which lead to improved services to our customers.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline required.
- Requires 4 years experience in cementing and requires completion of the required cementing competencies.
17th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward their CV and Application Letter clearly stating their position of interest to: [email protected]
- Your mail subject must indicate the "Job Title and the Reference Number" of the position you are applying for.
- The position is for experienced personnel only. Only candidates with the required level of experience for the position applied for will be considered.