Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safeguarding & GESI Manager - Stamping out Slavery
Project Overview and Role
- Stamping out Slavery in Nigeria (SoSiN) is a 4-year DFID Nigeria programme which aims to change or reduce the behaviours, attitudes, and social norms in Edo State that drive or enable human trafficking.
- The project seeks to achieve the impact that more effective Government and non-Government institutions reduce the drivers and enablers of unsafe migration and trafficking through three components:
- Strengthened Edo State Government response to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking: more effective and innovative use of resources – human, financial, physical, political and network assets – supports a ‘whole of government’ approach to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking through social and attitudinal change;
- Improved coordination, innovation and quality of NGO response to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking: better coordinated and more effective civil society tackling the drivers and enablers of human trafficking;
- A stronger evidence base for action in anti-slavery prevention, with learning platforms operating and informing policy and interventions: the use of evidence and sharing of best practices becomes embedded in ways of working, to deliver improved performance not only in Nigeria, but globally.
The primary responsibilities of the Safeguarding & GESI Manager will be to lead, coordinate and support the development and implementation of the programme’s protection policy and safeguarding practices. The Safeguarding & GESI Manager will advise other team members and select stakeholders on safeguarding best practice to mainstream protection policy and safeguarding practices across the programme.
The Safeguarding & GESI Manager will be the Safeguarding Focal Person for SOSIN and responsible for the overall design and implementation of Safeguarding and GESI policies, mechanisms and activities. During the inception phase of the project, this will specifically include the following:
- Develop the project protection policy framework.
- Develop the project safeguarding mechanisms (prevention and response).
- Work with the Team Leader and Government Policy & Technical Lead to engage with NAPTIP and NACTAL to ensure SoSiN’s approaches to safeguarding and protection are in alignment with local needs.
- Work with the Communications Manager to ensure the project comms strategy is aligned with safeguarding principals in the Nigerian context.
- Develop safeguarding trainings to be delivered to different stakeholders (project staff, government and CSOs). Support team leader to ensure all SOSIN staff take a lead role in raising awareness about the company’s and DFID’s safeguarding measures including the Code of Conduct and provide training and advice to staff and partners.
- Support the team to establish community-level complaints mechanisms that facilitate reporting of concerns by beneficiaries. Receive and refer reports in regards to Safeguarding, in accordance with the organisation’s procedures.
- Promote the participation of beneficiaries and communities so they are aware of the organisation’s Safeguarding measures and Code of Conduct, and of their right to protection including how they could report any safeguarding issues or concerns.
- Responsible for review, implementation and monitoring of a safeguarding risk register ensuring effective risk escalation and mitigation mechanism and review point exists for the programme and integrated to a broader programme risk framework/register.
- At a team level, be orientated in Palladium’s policies and best practice in order to operationalise guidance and to support those who are affected by Safeguarding incidents to obtain the advice and support they need, both within the company and the wider community. Appropriate training and advice on Safeguarding will be provided to support the SFP in the fulfilment of their role.
- Support the team to complete/update the Safeguarding Risk Assessment and management plan, which will be reviewed and approved by the Team Leader and Project Director.
- Ensure that staff receive appropriate training on safeguarding, including specific training on child protection where engagement with children is anticipated.
- Support the team to ensure that the project integrates safeguarding measures across project activities.
- Plan and participate in any investigation into Safeguarding incidents in support of the appointed Decision Maker.
- Identify and share lessons and best practice related to safeguarding with the project leadership and and wider SOSIN networks and stakeholders
- Where appropriate, work with the team to establish community-level complaints mechanisms that facilitate reporting of concerns by beneficiaries.
- Undertake preliminary GESI analysis.
- Develop GESI strategy and framework.
- Develop GESI trainings to be delivered to different stakeholders – these may include project staff, government and CSOs.
- Work with the Communications Manager to ensure the project comms strategy is gender sensitive and socially inclusive.
- Work with Project Team to ensure adequate attention to GESI across the programme
- Work with Team and relevant stakeholders to build the capacity of identified champions within communities so as to further help build safeguarding structurers, platforms and networks.
- During the Implementation Phase the Safeguarding & GESI Manager will implement relevant activities within the finalised
- Experience in developing gender sensitive and social inclusion policies in programmes and in ensuring their implementation
Application Closing Date
- Outstanding strategic thinker and team player with willingness to learn and support learning of others.
- Fluency in written and oral communication skills in English is required.
- Strong analytical, reporting and presentation skills.
20th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online