Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Team Lead (Jigawa) - PLANE (Education)
Project Overview and Role
- PLANE is a UK aid funded education programme focused on the North Western & South Western states of Nigeria. It is aimed at influencing policy making and strengthening education systems at both the National and Federal level. The programme is set to run for 8 years (2019-2027) in Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa and selected Southern states, and is valued at up to £95m.
- PLANE’s overall objective is to enable a more inclusive and effective state and non-state systems to deliver foundational skills to all children through:
- Improved teaching techniques, learning approaches and materials
- Improved state systems- personnel management, planning and financial management
- Improved performance of non-state systems/actors to delivering basic education
- Effective mining and communication of results to allow for citizen engagement and education service delivery
- Palladium is looking for a driven, reform-minded and passionate State Team Leader to help the programme have a sustainable impact on the future of education in Jigawa.
- The position is contingent on contract-award.
- Bring and/or develop and manage strong working relationships with the programme’s contact points at all levels of the State Government and agencies; DFID and other donor programmes; project partners and other stakeholders.
- Represent the programme at the state level and with other audiences as needed, including with national and global communities of practice.
Strategy and Operational Planning:
- Support the development of the Theory of Change and lead on a state-specific and adaptive approach to deliver the programme Outputs in cooperation and consultation with technical advisors, the state team, Project Director, DFID, project partners, the government and other key stakeholders.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Team Lead and reach a consensus on PLANE’s overarching, as well as component specific, technical approach and direction.
- Lead in the preparation of state work plans and budgets; staffing plans; performance improvement plans and other plans as required.
- Provide guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all state activities, outputs and deliverables.
- Assume overall responsibility for the effective implementation of state work plans to ensure delivery is on time, within budget, meets client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant
- Monitor implementation progress; maintain up to date project logs and registers; work to resolve issues, manage and mitigate risks; and escalate material issues and risks as appropriate.
- Develop and implement plans for results measurement, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, value for money analysis and communication management at the state level.
- Ensure good staff management practices including staff planning, recruitment, on-boarding, appraisal and development.
Financial Management and Administration:
- Ensure the state activities are performed efficiently and demonstrate Value for Money.
- Assume responsibility for consistent implementation of company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines at the state level.
- Ensure the programme adheres to the state budget and oversee budget variations
Applications Closing Date
- Relevant Academic qualification in a related field
- Experience working with key state government departments and institutions involved in Education and existing relationships with high level stakeholders from government, civil society and donors
- In-depth knowledge of the context of basic education planning and delivery in Jigawa
- Strong expertise in leading donor programmes, including managing and mentoring inter-disciplinary staff
- Ability to work adaptively
- Ability to speak, read and write in English and Hausa
26th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online