The Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS) was founded in 1969 by a group of Nigerians who trained, qualified and practiced in the United Kingdom but who upon returning to Nigeria sensed the urgent need to develop the profession of Quantity Surveying in Nigeria by establishing a parallel body to the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors of United Kingdom.
The Profession of Quantity Surveying is practiced in Nigeria along the same pattern as in the United Kingdom and other Commonwealth countries. In America, they are known as Cost Engineers. Quantity Surveying functions is carried out in other countries under a variety of names. Thus, the role is universal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Membership Officer
- Membership Registration, Coordination and control including organizing membership meetings, (AGM, BEGM, Emergency, extra-ordinary) etc.
- Supporting the DES membership and standard on membership issues as may be required.
- Performing duties relating to membership in accordance with membership policies and guidelines 2015 as approved and published by the institute or as may be amended.
- Preliminary vetting and presentation of membership application forms for membership committee and council’s attention.
- Establishing members records and update regularly.
- Managing and responding to correspondences from all grades of members.
- Processing all membership payments in consultation with finance/accounts officer.
- Undertaking all other duties assigned by D.E.S membership and standards.
Application Closing Date
- Degree in Statistics, Humanities or Mathematics (preferably statistics)
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to focus on critical elements and, at the same time remain mindful of the big picture.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Good working knowledge of the computer.
- Excellent team player with the ability to work independently and through own initiative.
- Strong written and verbal to express complex ideas in simpler terms.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a clear assessment of requirements and priorities.
- Recognized qualifications such as chartered status would be an advantage.
25th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected]
clearly indicating "Membership Officer" as subject of your mail.