Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cloud Platform Senior Account Manager - Public Sector
Ref ID: 1900166L
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- Senior Account Manager Cloud, Technology, Middleware and Big Data – Public Sector/Names Accounts
- “Are you as passionate about the Cloud as we are?
- Are you a conqueror able to convert strategic accounts to Oracle and accompany them in their digital transformation? If so, we want to talk to you!
- Oracle already offers the broadest suite of cloud solutions and is introducing innovative new services every month. In applications, Oracle offers more enterprise cloud solutions than anyone else. In platform, the #1 database and middleware worldwide is now available in the cloud.
- If you are looking to take the next step in your career by offering great effective, efficient and commercially viable solutions to your clients, then one of our Cloud sales roles could be your springboard to success.
- We’ve got exciting new opportunities opening up within our key accounts teams, regional strategic teams, and emerging market businesses
- So if you are passionate, entrepreneurial, innovative, and believe in being consultative and having fun whilst you work, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Having a sense of humor in what can be a pressure environment helps, and the rewards for your contribution include a compensation and benefits package and a continuous training program in a structured environment that are world class.
- We are seeking motivated sales people who can sell our most complete all technology solutions portfolio, which includes our market leading database for the Cloud, Middleware, Cloud Paas and IaaS and BI & Big data offering into top large Enterprise in the local market
- You will help your customers, who have growing data volumes and aggressive service-level expectations, maximize the potential of their IT organizations while delivering the real-time enterprise. Join us and become the trusted advisor of your clients.
- Develop Cloud/Database/Middleware/BI/Big data Sales opportunities and maintain customer relationships in a given vertical industry - Public Sector
- The portfolio will be our technology and Cloud or Middleware and Cloud (IaaS, PaaS mainly) or BI and Big data portfolio. Although the right candidate should be able to orchestrate a speech across the complete offering of Oracle in front of a client and work alongside other internal teams to be one Oracle for the customer.
- Promote and evangelize Oracle products to selected retail customers, partners, and internal audiences
- Develop relationships and collaborate with our partners to define, recommend, and drive sales
- Develop and execute a sales plan that provides complete territory and sector specific coverage
- Develop appropriate sales programs and solutions; maintain up-to-date competitive information and compile regional success stories
- Meet with senior customer contacts to build credibility and develop lasting relationships
- Engage with Pre-Sales support for customer meetings to develop customer discussions further
- Lead successful go-to-market campaigns by working closely with internal marketing specialists
- Contribute and lead in account planning, customer/market analysis, and strategy sessions
- Contribute individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
- Proven years of experience in direct software sales to complex/Large Enterprises
- Experience in the Public Sector Vertical
- Good understanding of the data center customer needs and strong technical expertise to become a trusted advisor across the wide technology portfolio.
- Proven track record in a sales-driven organization, selling technology-related products and services
- Solid written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Creative with strong problem-solving skills and an ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work well as part of an extended sales team
- Knowledge of Oracle products preferred but not essential
- Fluency in English
- Team player and self-motivated.
- Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
- Primary job duty is to sell technology software products and related services in a defined territory. Identifies, qualifies and closes new opportunities
- Manages accounts including the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support
- Leverages the Oracle sales model to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share. Builds and expands business partner revenue and self sufficiency.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
Application Closing Date
- 8 years applicable experience including 7 years of technology sales experience
- Ability to forecast, manage sales expenses, and successfully close new Oracle business
- Business development, prospecting and presentation skills. Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability
- Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development. Experience as the focal point for clients for all sales and related issues
- Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors
- Travel may be needed. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made
- This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification, and memberships (where applicable).