Bambooks - Africa’s largest digital library. Become a member to read unlimited ebooks, magazines & comics.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Android Developer
- Bambooks is looking for an exceptional Android Developer who will be responsible for developing, enhancing, designing and maintaining a world class mobile application.
As an Android Developer:
Experience and Skills
- You’re constantly honing your craft of Java or Kotlin development.
- You translate the UI/UX onto Android App.
- You explore and welcome new technologies to improve your product — e.g. Jetpack, MotionLayout.
- You have experience profiling memory such as analyzing heap dumps and finding memory leaks.
- You advocate for Android best practices and help your team to constantly improve the codebase.
- You contribute to discussions on user experience, technical architecture and design.
- You consider the 'big picture' perspectives and can successfully balance business goals and technical constraints.
- You understand the intricacies of the Android Lifecycle.
- You understand Material Design and provide meaningful contributions to the design process.
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching others.
Application Closing Date
- 4+ years’ experience in Android app development.
- Experience of releasing and maintaining Android App/libraries.
- Understanding of Android platform communication primitives and their security properties (i.e. services, content providers, broadcast receivers, binders).
- JSON, Socket.io, Encryption and security, JWT.
- Libraries like RxJava, Dagger, Picasso, Junit, Espresso, Gson/Moshi, OkHTTP, Gradle, Room, Apollo, AndroidX.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience with offline storage, threading/background processing and performance tuning.
COB; 16th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their most recent Resume (including your portfolio) to: [email protected]
This recruitment process will be completed within 2 weeks of the closing date of the advert. If you have not been contacted within this period, please assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted for interviews.