The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation, neutral and impartial. Maiduguri Sub-Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: ICT Specialist II
- Under the supervision of the ICT Engineer and the ICT Coordinator, the ICT Specialist II Offers support and maintains proper functionality of ICT set-up and infrastructure; Interrelates with all the internal and external interlocutors including service providers;
- Offers support to users in Maiduguri and from other sites (sub-delegations, offices); Have a good knowledge on all of the following ICT domains: PC hardware and software, networking, telephony, radios, satellite systems, and helpdesk.
- Installs, programs, adapts and maintains all professional ICRC Informatics equipment (computers, servers, printers, peripherals, internal networks, power systems, cabling, modem, connexons and internet facilities) respecting internal standards and procedures.
- Installs, programs, adapts and maintains all professional ICRC Telecom/Radio equipment (HF, VHF, UHF, modems, antennas, cabling, power systems, inverters, batteries and repeaters) respecting internal standards and procedures.
- Plan, Implement all the ICT project in IT and Telcom Infrastructure
- Timely response to helpdesk Level 1 and level 2 requests from the ICT ServiceDesk platform, and providing remote assistance to users with ICT problems if need it , and update the tickets in the system accordingly
- Provides support to other field ICT technicians by answering phone calls or messages, reacting according to ICT policies and priorities.
- Repairs or organizes repairs of all broken ICRC Informatics, Telecom or Telephone equipment received in (or transferred to) the ICT Workshop and attributed to him for repair.
- Maintains the workshop clean in order and secured.
- Assist in monitoring, operation and performance of LAN/WAN connectivity and communication services
- Assists users in software installation from ICT store and ensures proper software distribution, updates, and scripts installation
- Knows, respects and monitors respect of ICT policies, procedures and standards set by GVA and ABJ in relation to use of ICT equipment
- Ensures ICT inventory is updated regularly and maintains adequate stocks levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent higher education degree in ICT domain (Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer science or similar field. Post Graduate or master’s Degree is an asset.
- 4-5 years of experience in IT, electronics or similar position
- 2 years Experience on Telcome (VHF, HF , VSAT , Radio)
Application Closing Date
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC policies and procedures
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning; Planning, Organization & Assessment; Communication (Ability to express views and ideas); Analysis & Synthesis
- Strong understanding of telecom especially VHF, HF and satellite
16:30 h; 20th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter and contact details of three referees to: [email protected]
clearly indicate “ABJ201900076 ICT Specialist MIU" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.