The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Maiduguri Sub-Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Protection Field Officer
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the PCP Team Leader, The Protection Field Officer, is responsible for the implementation of Protection (mainly PCP) activities in her/ his Area of Responsibility (AoR).
- He/she participates in the analysis of the humanitarian and security situation. Identifies protection problems and ensures proper documentation of enquiries violations of IHL, HRL and other humanitarian consequences of the conflict, violence or natural disasters.
Education and Experience Required
- Implementation of the Protection objectives by applying the set procedures (administrative, operational and technical).
- Collects, compiles and interprets protection-related information (with appropriate care for staff risk management)
- Monitors incidents, including protection concerns, in order to identify trends, with a priority to the humanitarian consequences of the armed conflict in the AoR.
- She identifies new areas of potential Protection need and conducts assessments to verify and quantify those needs.
- Checks and processes all documentation of cases in then institutional database (Prot6) as per Delegation orientation.
- Plans and conducts field trips and produces timely, detailed and accurate field trip reports thereafter.
- Participates in internal and external meetings whenever called upon
- Occasionally translates documents from Hausa/Kanuri into English and vice versa as operational needs require
- Receives and responds to requests received from enquirers visiting the protection office
- Contributes in operational communication dissemination in order to increase good perception of ICRC.
- Contributes to timely reports (Weekly sitreps, monthly reports etc.) as direct by his/her line manager
- University degree in a relevant field, preferably in the field of law.
- 2 years’ experience in the Protection sector with humanitarian organization.
- Excellent written and spoken English, Kanuri and Hausa (Shua-Arab an asset)
- Good computer skills: knowledge in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Represents the organization properly with different level of interlocutors.
- Sound analytical skills, Good knowledge of the Area of Responsibility - AoR (Political, cultural and geographical)
Desired Profile and Skills:
Application Closing Date
- Previous experience in IDPs context
- Knowledge of Red Cross movement.
4:30PM; 20th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to [email protected]
Clearly indicate “ABJ201900047 Protection FO MIU" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.