Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL), is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Project HSSE Lead
Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Shift: Day
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 3 weeks
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Career Level: Manager
- Primary point of contact for HSSE&SP for the Business Opportunity Manager & Project Manager / FEDM
- Develop and implement HSSE &SP plans to meet project/business objectives.
- Responsible for identifying all of the necessary HSSE and SP activities and deliverables. Ensure that the activities are embedded into the overall project schedule and are properly aligned with other connected project activities.
- Secure the corresponding resources together with the Business Opportunity Manager & Project Manager / FEDM
- Ensure activities are executed according to the agreed schedule.
- Ensure that the appropriate technical competences and authorities have been used in preparing and approving the deliverables.
- Coordinate resources and efforts to ensure that HSSE & SP responsibilities of the Group service organizations are delivered for Deepwater project ensuring that there are no gaps (provide assurance to Deepwater Upstream that appropriate safety strategies, systems, policies, standards, and tools are in place and functioning; support/monitor compliance).
- Conduct/Co-ordinate LOD Assurance activities for Deepwater project
- Manage non-technical risks from Security, Environment and Social performance aspects of the project with various corporate support teams.
- Develop HSSE&SP aspects of Deepwater ITTs and be HSSE & SP focal point for bid evaluation for proposed detailed design contractors.
- Provide technical safety guidance and support to process safety behaviors and the Company improvement plan across the business.
- Provide functional leadership in driving continuous improvement toward Top Quartile Group Safety performance, including implementation of the Safety Roadmap and other Company safety campaigns.
- Partake in the P&E Identity Journey to Create World Class Assets. Operationalize the Project Management Framework on the Deepwater project through application of Winning Ways of Working behaviors.
- Coordination of the HEMP studies to support Project HSSE Case development including but not limited to:
- HAZOPs, HAZIDs, HRA
- Release and exhaust gas dispersion
- Fire, Gas Dispersion and explosion analyses
- Ship Collision Studies
- Riser & SSIV risk Assessment
- Security Risk Studies
- Drop Object studies
- Design of fire protection systems, structural fireproofing, and area drainage
- Design safeguards to minimize and/or control inherent hazards related to the operation of new facilities. This includes: special considerations for process containment, emergency isolation, explosion venting, detonation arresting, static electricity safeguards, fixed gas detection systems, etc
- Qualitative risk assessment
- Bowties development
- SCE & PS identification
- ALARP Demonstration
- Manage development of Safety Critical Elements (SCE) and specification and verification of the Design Performance Standards for complete project scope. Ensuring the Management of Change on Projects design
- Technical Safety Authority, providing guidance on how to implement mandatory risk controls, assess (and escalate where appropriate) requests for exception to mandatory risk controls, track approved exceptions
Application Closing Date
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years 50 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Experience: Minimum Experience 12 Year
- Other experience: 10 - 12 years' work experience in the Oil and Gas Sector.
1st October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online