Oasis Africa Consulting Limited - Our Client a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, industrial equipment, elevators & escalators and HVAC is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assembly Supervisor
- Oversee the planning, scheduling and execution of work with all team members to produce quality products and deliver it on time. Responsible for development and implementation of operating procedures and continuous improvement programs.
- Supervise the planning, scheduling and implementation of work with all assembly team members to produce high quality products and deliver it on time.
- Accomplish manufacturing goals by communicating job expectations and setting up daily/weekly/monthly objectives to production team.
- Review processing schedules and production orders and make decisions regarding resources needed to meet those schedules or orders.
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules.
- Ensure all sections are following all safety and quality procedures and guidelines.
- Check production output according to specifications.
- Submit reports on production performance and progress.
- Monitor equipment calibration dates.
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance.
- Ensure that production line is effectively and efficiently maintained and suggest improvements.
- Provide explanation and corrective actions for missed goal.
- Check material to see if it conforms to the company specifications.
- Report materials shortages and plan to overcome it.
- Ensure materials are received early by all sections to meet weekly plans.
- Provide proper trainings and educate assembly staff on effective way of assembling gensets.
- Monitor production operations to ensure that it complies with quality and safety standard of the company.
- Enforce policies, procedures are followed and orderly assembly floor is maintained.
- Ensure good understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings and plan layout specifications by sectional supervisors.
- Coordinate with Maintenance department on daily and future maintenance priorities and other engineering projects.
- Develop reports in AX/DOLPHIN to track and move material throughout the Departments to support on-time delivery.
- Document the production process and calculate manufacturing cost in order to identify areas that needs improvement and work accurately to estimate the cost of future project.
- Supervise all production assembly activities and offer feedback and instruction to all staff regarding productivity and quality improvement.
- BE. Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical or Electrical is a plus. Min 7-8 years of proven work experience as production supervisor in the assembly line. Diploma in Process Engineering is a plus.
Salary and Benefits
- Proficient in ERP systems
- Thorough knowledge of safety standards and compliance
- Thorough knowledge of quality standards and systems (ISO Standards)
- Strong resource planning, scheduling and optimization
- Strong manpower allocation skills
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostics skills
- Knowledge of testing techniques and methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of lean manufacturing and six sigma techniques
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation and human resources
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent coordination skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to inspire, motivate and lead a team
- Strong analytical ability
- Highly enthusiastic
- Able to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online