Oasis Africa Consulting Limited - Our client, a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, industrial equipment, elevators & escalators and HVAC is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Assembler (Panel)
- Assemble assigned products using detailed instructions such as; standard manufacturing procedures, specifications. Perform inspections, stuffing and other mechanical procedures and equipment. Operate equipment to assemble and install product to specifications and maintains quality parameters on equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematic drawings to determine materials required for control panel and/or electrical equipment assembly on a daily basis.
- Locate positions for all electrical apparatus, including brackets, cables, switches and wiring per the engineering schematics and mark their location on control panels and/or electrical equipment daily.
- Use marks as a guide and drill or tap holes per quality control standards for electrical apparatus on control panels and/or electrical equipment daily.
- Plan, lay out, assemble, wire and solder complete electrical/electronic/mechanical equipment and apparatus.
- Fabricate electrical apparatus per specifications and quality control standards using calipers, cutters, drills or saws daily.
- Understand the function of and use a broad range of electrical/electronic/mechanical parts and components such as brackets, solder, wire, resistors, diodes, capacitors, relays, transformers, coils, switches, PC boards, etc…
- Follow assembly procedures to determine correct parts and proper assembly methods.
- Verify standards are correct and product meets required specifications according to blueprints or process instructions.
- Position, align and adjust work piece and electrical parts to facilitate assembly.
- Install wiring and electrical components to form assemblies or sub-assemblies.
- Assemble electrical component, systems and support structures to specifications.
- Assemble electrical external parts such as covers, control panels etc…
- Secure batteries and the cables (terminals).
- Mount fabricated electrical apparatus to the control panels and/or equipment per specifications and quality control standards daily.
- Test control panels and/or equipment upon completion to ensure they are fully functional daily.
- Troubleshoot control panels and/or equipment if not operating as per engineering schematics daily.
- Make necessary adjustments to electronic apparatus and test equipment again to ensure the issue has been repaired daily.
- High School Degree. Electronics Engineering Degree, BE. Electro-Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent is a plus. Other certifications in electronics assembly is a plus. Min 3-5 years of proven work experience in electrical assembly and wiring.
Salary and Benefits
- Excellent proficiency in process specifications manufacturing practices and standardized assembly operations
- Outstanding operational familiarity with soldering irons hand tools and electrical test and precision measuring instruments
- Superior knowledge of health and environmental rules and regulations
- Able to comprehend and follow written work instructions
- High skills in working with team members in a productive manner
- Sound skills in accurate comprehension of assembly drawings schematic diagrams and work instructions
- Strong manual abilities, dexterity and attention to detail
- Able and willing to demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm and optimism for work activities
- Positive attitude, proactive and flexible with changes in production
- Must be able to assemble and retain knowledge of all assemblies
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Able to meet deadlines
- Strong coordination skills
Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online