Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Distribution Manager - West & Regions
- We are looking for a suitable candidate that will be responsible for implementing planned mobile financial services and go- to market strategy in assigned regional locations.
- The holder will strengthen and deepened the mobile financial services ecosystem through distribution excellence to grow usage and deliver customer and revenue market share objectives across assigned locations.
- The holder will also ensure maximum sales profitability and growth within the assigned market through implementation of planned sales & distribution and marketing strategies.
Other job objectives include the following:
Skills and Knowledge
- Provide leadership - Design parameters and strategic planning (work plan, customer forecast, target objective, mission briefs) and delivers GTM strategy
- Leading people/team to pursue and achieve the desired business objectives in accordance with established plans, sales goals and schedules
- Achieve distribution excellence - expand and manage the distribution and agent network
- Identify and formulate regional sales plan to help drive growth of distribution
- Identify and recruit right partners to invest in the distribution expansion
- Ensure distribution development aligns to approved dimensioned touch points (scientific distribution)
- Establish viable touch points at every cluster of 2,500 and 3,000 people in urban and rural respectively.
- Ensure financial planning and profitability of business and partner
- Development of primary financial statements, such as balance sheets and profit and loss, for regional business
- Explain and ensure understanding of cost/benefit scenarios to potential partners
- Ensure appropriate liquidity management
- Ensure partners maintain required float at all times to handle electronic and cash liquidity by the agents in branches and mini shops/kiosk
- Develop a system to ensure that agents can easily reach the branches for their liquidity needs
- Ensure proper training of stakeholders - Provide periodic first line training for partners and retail agents in their network
- Provide business with information about success of training as well as new training opportunities
- Achieve sales performance and management scores in line with the target for the regional distribution area
- Report sales results of area to management on a regular basis including the analysis of the market to identify new target customers, services, channels, competition activities or other opportunities
- Maintain a strong cross functional relationship with other channel managers, providing them with information about the product, network, and customers
- Prepare and compile daily, weekly and monthly activities report including industry awareness/competition intelligence and share with relevant stakeholders.
- To effectively report competitive activities within assigned territory and implement adequate counter initiatives
- To immediately address or escalate any unusual competitor activity and sale support that may be a threat to performance of the business.
Application Closing Date
- 7+ years of varied experience in sales & marketing with at least 2 years at middle management level handling independent businesses
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Social Sciences or related field
- Masters in business administration would be advantageous
- Relevant experience in telecom industry is desirable
- Minimum of three (3) years’ distribution management experience (with a proven track record and attention to detail) in relevant industries
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience managing a distribution-oriented team towards success in relevant industries.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online