African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Results Analyst, SNDR1
: Abidjan, Cote D'ivoire
Position N°: 50093597
The Hiring Department / Division
- The Senior Vice-Presidency (SNVP) is responsible for supporting the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group to achieve its strategic objective and drive performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results. The SNVP will provide effective leadership and exceptional coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions as well as the identification of necessary corrective measures and actions.
- The SNVP will lead Senior Management discussions, decision-making processes and the implementation of key Board and Management decisions.
- Located within the SNVP Complex, the Department for Delivery, Performance Management and Results supports Senior Management in meeting AfDB’s development mandate, improving operational and corporate performance, accelerating the pace of delivery and increasing the Bank’s impact on development. As part of its mandate, it also works to strengthen the Bank’s external and internal accountability for results and promotes a performance-oriented culture across the organisation.
- The Department’s activities will be undertaken by the following Divisions:
- Corporate Performance and Accountability
- Delivery Support
- The Corporate Performance and Accountability Division is responsible for establishing and maintaining corporate frameworks for assessing and tracking the Bank’s development effectiveness and performance. As part of this mandate, it seeks to strengthen the Bank’s internal and external accountability and promote a performance-oriented culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Results Analyst supports the entire SNDR1 team by providing research and analysis of information, data, statistics, and maintaining and updating the related tools, methodologies, and databases.
- The Results Analyst will be responsible for the maintenance, tracking of indicators from the Results Measurement Framework by collecting, extracting, compiling, and analysing data from multiple sources to deliver analysis on performance.
- The incumbent is responsible for data collection, mining, and visualization for other work streams in the division, i.e. the Management Action record that tracks Management’s implementation of the Independent evaluation recommendations.
- Within the Division, the incumbent supports the other Results Officers by analysing, transforming the required data into a clear and compelling presentable formats such as charts, tables, and graphs to support and enhance the effectiveness of results reporting.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, the Results Analyst will:
- Consolidate the Result Measurement Framework data set; review the available documentation, including Project Appraisal Reports and Project Completion Reports and data from a broad range of sources (e.g. SAP, private sector database, etc...).
- Provide assistance in the preparation of the Annual Development Effectiveness Reviews by collecting data, performing due-diligence, undertaking data analysis; support the preparation of other reports as needed, including data analysis for the African Development Fund and countries in fragile situations.
- Maintain the Management Action Record System and production of the Flashlight reports tracking Management actions committed in response to evaluations.
- Support relevant departments to improve the collection of relevant results data. Take actions to fill missing information, including proposals for appropriate methodologies and interact with Task Managers where no documentation is available.
- Take a leading role in data quality check regarding the Result Measurement Framework, ensuring data consistency, reliability and robustness; ensure gender disaggregated data are properly reported.
- Support the implementation of the Result Reporting System, including data-entry, testing, etc..
- Analyze, categorize and establish patterns, trends and correlations and make projections based on a clear set of assumptions.
- Support the work of Division as required.
Application Closing Date
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics with quantitative training or a related field;
- Four (4) years relevant experience in compilation, processing, validation, statistical analysis, data analytics and evaluation of statistics, preferably in national statistics offices or international organizations;
- Excellent technical, analytical skills and established operational track record of achieving results;
- Analyses relationships among several parts of a problem or situation
- Expresses complex concepts, thoughts and ideas clearly through visual representation using judgement in the choice of angle for analyzing and displaying data, elements of correlation and trends requiring attention, choice of formats and visualization effects.
- Experience working within the private sector is highly desirable.
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with database management tools like Access, MySQL, etc;
- Knowledge of statistics software like Stata, Excel with VBA programming, SPSS, Cspro and Open Data Kit (ODK);
- Strong conceptual abilities and capacity to produce high-quality analytical work. Good judgment in dealing with complex and sensitive policy issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work effectively with teams in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish plans and priorities and advance initiatives with energy and commitment.
- Proven capacity to produce quality results on a timely basis and according to budget.
- Written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French (with a working knowledge of the other language)
- Good organisational skills and demonstrated ability to manage a variable workload in a team environment, including the ability to meet deadlines.
- Results Focus, Teamwork, Communication, Building Effective Relationships, Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Competent in the use of Bank ERP (SAP) and standard Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Excel and PowerPoint).
15th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct [email protected]
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.